Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: 1 and 2 Thessalonians - eBook|
By: John Byron
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Zondervan Academic
Publication Date: 2014
Series: Story of God Bible Commentary
Stock No: WW63852EB
Understand Not Only What Scripture Says but How to Live It Today
A new commentary for todays world, The Story of God Bible Commentary explains and illuminates each passage of Scripture in light of the Bibles grand story. The first commentary series to do so, SGBC offers a clear and compelling exposition of biblical texts, guiding everyday readers in how to creatively and faithfully live out the Bible in their own contexts. Its story-centric approach is ideal for pastors, students, Sunday school teachers, and laypeople alike.
Three easy-to-use sections designed to help readers live out Gods story:
- LISTEN to the Story: Includes complete NIV text with references to other texts at work in each passage, encouraging the reader to hear it within the Bibles grand story
- EXPLAIN the Story: Explores and illuminates each text as embedded in its canonical and historical setting
- LIVE the Story: Reflects on how each text can be lived today and includes contemporary stories and illustrations to aid preachers, teachers, and students
John Byron (PhD, University of Durham) is Professor of New Testament and Greek at Ashland Seminary in Ashland, Ohio. He is author of Cain and Abel in Text and Tradition, Recent Research on Paul and Slavery, and Slavery Metaphors in Early Judaism. He has contributed to numerous journals and edited volumes.
Scot McKnight (PhD, Nottingham) is the Julius R. Mantey Professor of New Testament at Northern Seminary in Lisle, Illinois. He is the author of more than fifty books, including the award-winning The Jesus Creed as well as The King Jesus Gospel, A Fellowship of Differents, One.Life, The Blue Parakeet, and Kingdom Conspiracy.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Thessalonians
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Thessalonians
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Thessalonians
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Thessalonians
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Thessalonians
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Thessalonians
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.