or checkout with
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Title: 1 and 2 Corinthians - eBook|
By: Ralph P. Martin
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Zondervan Academic
Publication Date: 2020
Series: Word Biblical Themes
Stock No: WW114589EB
A companion series to the acclaimed Word Biblical Commentary
Finding the great themes of the books of the Bible is essential to the study of God's Word and to the preaching and teaching of its truths. These themes and ideas are often like precious gems: they lie beneath the surface and can only be discovered with some difficulty. While commentaries are useful for helping readers understand the content of a verse or chapter, they are not usually designed to help the reader to trace important subjects systematically within a given book a Scripture.
The Word Biblical Themes series helps readers discover the important themes of a book of the Bible. This series distills the theological essence of a given book of Scripture and serves it up in ways that enrich the preaching, teaching, worship, and discipleship of God's people. Volumes in this series:
- Written by top biblical scholars
- Feature authors who wrote on the same book of the Bible for the Word Biblical Commentary series
- Distill deep and focused study on a biblical book into the most important themes and practical applications of them
- Give readers an ability to see the "big picture" of a book of the Bible by understanding what topics and concerns were most important to the biblical writers
- Help address pressing issues in the church today by showing readers see how the biblical writers approached similar issues in their day
- Ideal for sermon preparation and for other teaching in the church Word Biblical Themes are an ideal resource for any reader who has used and benefited from the Word Biblical Commentary series, and will help pastors, bible teachers, and students as they seek to understand and apply Gods word to their ministry and learning.
Ralph P. Martin (1925-2013) was Distinguished Scholar in Residence at Fuller Theological Seminary and a New Testament Editor for the Word Biblical Commentary series. He earned the BA and MA from the University of Manchester, England, and the PhD from King's College, University of London. He was the author of numerous studies and commentaries on the New Testament, including Worship in the Early Church, the volume on Philippians in The Tyndale New Testament Commentary series. He also wrote 2 Corinthians and James in the WBC series.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Corinthians
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Corinthians
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Corinthians
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Corinthians
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 1 Corinthians
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> New Testament >> 2 Corinthians
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.