or checkout with
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Of the 56 contributors, thirty of them are new to the series. Reflecting the commentary's international and cross-denominational approach, they come from the United States, Canada, England, Scotland, Australia, and New Zealand, and from a broad diversity of churches, including Anglican, Baptist, Brethren, Methodist, Nazarene, Presbyterian, and Reformed.
The Expositor's Bible Commentary uses the complete NIV for its English text, but it also refers freely to other translations and to the original languages. Features of the Revised Edition
- Comprehensive Introductions
- Short and Precise Bibliographies
- Deatiled Outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of of sections of Scripture to illumine the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes.
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
|Title: 1 and 2 Chronicles / Revised - eBook|
By: Tremper Longman III, David Garland
Format: DRM Protected ePub
Vendor: Zondervan Academic
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Expositor's Bible Commentary
Stock No: WW90903EB
Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, the completely revised Expositor's Bible Commentary puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands.
A staple for students, teachers, and pastors worldwide, The Expositor's Bible Commentary (EBC) offers comprehensive yet succinct commentary from scholars committed to the authority of the Holy Scriptures. The EBC uses the New International Version of the Bible, but the contributors work from the original Hebrew and Greek languages and refer to other translations when useful.
Each section of the commentary includes:
- An introduction: background information, a short bibliography, and an outline
- An overview of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- The complete NIV text
- Extensive commentary
- Notes on textual questions, key words, and concepts
- Reflections to give expanded thoughts on important issues
The series features 56 contributors, who:
- Believe in the divine inspiration, complete trustworthiness, and full authority of the Bible
- Have demonstrated proficiency in the biblical book that is their specialty
- Are committed to the church and the pastoral dimension of biblical interpretation
- Represent geographical and denominational diversity
- Use a balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
- Write from an evangelical viewpoint
For insightful exposition, thoughtful discussion, and ease of uselook no further than The Expositor's Bible Commentary.
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Chronicles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Chronicles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Chronicles
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Chronicles
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 1 Chronicles
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament >> 2 Chronicles
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.