Lies Young Women Believe/Lies Young Women Believe Companion Guide Set - eBook
- Grade Level▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
In Lies Young Women Believe, Nancy DeMoss and Dannah Gresh expose 25 of the lies most commonly believed by your generation. They share real-life accounts from some of the young women they interviewed, along with honest stories about how they've overcome lies they believed themselves. They get down in the trenches of the battle with you. Best of all, they'll show you how to be set free by the Truth.
Through a nationwide survey and in-depth discussion groups, DeMoss and Gresh have listened carefully to the heart of your generation. And here are some things they've heard:
-"I know God should be the only thing that satisfies, but if it could be Him and my friends, then I could be happy."
-"It seems like I have been struggling with depression forever. I always feel like I am not good enough."
- "I tell myself that I don't really listen to the song lyrics, but once I hear a song a few times and start thinking about what they're saying I realize
that it's too late. It's already stuck in my head."
-"For me, the whole wife and mom thing is overrated. It isn't cool to want a husband and a family."
Maybe you can identify. Trying to listen to the right voices can be difficult. This book has been written by friends who will help you find the Truth. Maybe your heart is telling you that some things in your life are way off course. Certain habits and relationships have left you confused and lonely. This is not the way it's supposed to be.
In Lies Young Women Believe Companion Guide, Nancy Leigh DeMoss helps you go deeper into the truths found in Lies Young Women Believe. The Companion Guide contains questions and activities that will cause readers to think and wrestle with the truth in their search for answers to life's tough questions. The Lies Young Women Believe Companion Guide is ideal for small groups, Bible studies, classes, and individuals.
Each session is made up of the following features:
- An overview of the chapter to be studied from Lies Young Women Believe and reminders of the lies discussed in that chapter.
- A daily personal study for the readers to complete during the course of the week, between youth group meetings. Each day's study includes a reading from Lies Young Women Believe and reflection questions.
- Questions to be discussed in youth group/small group setting.
DANNAH GRESH is a bestselling author and co-founder of Pure Freedom. Dannah's books include And the Bride Wore White , What Are You Waiting For: The One Thing No One Ever Tells You About Sex, and Lies Young Women Believe (co-authored with Nancy Leigh DeMoss), in addition to the Secret Keeper series. She is also a frequent guest for national radio, TV and print mediums. Dannah lives in State College, Pennsylvania, with her husband, Bob, and their three children.
A popular speaker, author and blogger, ERIN DAVIS has addressed women of all ages nationwide and is passionately committed to sharing God's Truth with others. She is the author of several books including Graffiti: Learning to See the Art in Ourselves, True Princess: Embracing Humility in an All About Me World, The Bare Facts with Josh McDowell and Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood As a Sacred Role. Erin's quest for the perfect scoop of ice cream is never ending and her family is her constant source of entertainment.
Anonymous4 Stars Out Of 5February 12, 2010AnonymousI would highly suggest this book to ANY teenage girl because of the depth it goes into to make you a stronger Christian. However, I deducted 1 and 1/2 stars because of how personal it got and how open it expected me to be with my emotions.
Jackie Hassebrock5 Stars Out Of 5March 23, 2009Jackie HassebrockI led a teen girl's Sunday School class through this book. It brings up all sorts of topics the girls are ready and wanting to openly discuss about God's word as it pertains to being a young woman. It was phenominal. The girls didn't want to stop discussion or end end the book. Be ready for a multitude of questions and lively conversation. Chanllenge them to find scripture to reinforce or disprove their opinions.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Studies
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Youth Ministry >> Studies
- Start A New Search