- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Revised and updated, this popular book shows pastors and worship leaders the basics of United Methodist worship.
In this straightforward and updated commentary, Hoyt Hickman explains the basic pattern of United Methodist worship within the broader context of Christian worship. Drawing upon five basic principles, the author explains the formative nature of worship and how it can revitalize persons' lives. These principles are: God's Word is primary; active congregational participation is crucial; spontaneity and order are both important; worship should be relevant and inclusive; and worship is communion. This revision will highlight the African-American contribution to UM worship, discuss at greater length what the various worship styles mean for us today, say more about the formative nature of worship, and include updated resources including the Abingdon Worship Annual, the Abingdon Preaching Annual, and WorshipConnection.
- Explains basic resources for planning and leading worship.
- Gives the basic pattern of UM worship and its origins.
- Gives practical suggestions how to renew and revitalize worship.
- Helps pastors be effective leaders in planning and revitalizing worship.
- Helps pastors understand and communicate the uniqueness of UM worship.
- Helps pastors lead their congregation into a deeper and richer experience of God through worship.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Music Ministry >> Resources for Worship Leaders
- Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Service Planning
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Music Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Music Ministry >> Resources for Worship Leaders
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Music Ministry >> Resources for Worship Teams
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Service Planning
- Start A New Search