- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- Mega Fall Sale
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Holman Illustrated Pocket Bible DictionaryB&H Books / 2007 / Trade Paperback$6.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 30% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW403140
- MEGA SALE
The Key Ideas Bible Handbook: Understanding and Applying All the Main Concepts Book by BookRon RhodesHarvest House Publishers / 2016 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 50% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW964357
Worship Matters: Leading Others to Encounter the Greatness of God - eBookBob KauflinCrossway / 2008 / ePub$8.80 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 8 Reviews
$13.99Save 37% ($5.19)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW7436EB
The Christian Year: A Guide for Worship and Preaching - eBookRobin Knowles WallaceAbingdon Press / 2010 / ePub$8.82 Retail:
$14.99Save 41% ($6.17)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW20069EB
Revised and updated, this popular book shows pastors and worship leaders the basics of United Methodist worship.
In this straightforward and updated commentary, Hoyt Hickman explains the basic pattern of United Methodist worship within the broader context of Christian worship. Drawing upon five basic principles, the author explains the formative nature of worship and how it can revitalize persons' lives. These principles are: God's Word is primary; active congregational participation is crucial; spontaneity and order are both important; worship should be relevant and inclusive; and worship is communion. This revision will highlight the African-American contribution to UM worship, discuss at greater length what the various worship styles mean for us today, say more about the formative nature of worship, and include updated resources including the Abingdon Worship Annual, the Abingdon Preaching Annual, and WorshipConnection.
- Explains basic resources for planning and leading worship.
- Gives the basic pattern of UM worship and its origins.
- Gives practical suggestions how to renew and revitalize worship.
- Helps pastors be effective leaders in planning and revitalizing worship.
- Helps pastors understand and communicate the uniqueness of UM worship.
- Helps pastors lead their congregation into a deeper and richer experience of God through worship.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Music & Media Ministry >> Download
- Church & Pastoral >> Music & Media Ministry >> Resources for Worship Leaders
- Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Service Planning
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Service Planning
- Start A New Search