- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
|Format: Other, N/A|
Number of Pages: 160
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Christian Year: A Guide for Worship and PreachingRobin Knowles WallaceAbingdon Press / 2011 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW703003
This Holy Mystery: A United Methodist Understanding of Holy CommunionGayle Carlton FeltonAbingdon Press / 2005 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:
$14.00Save 25% ($3.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW74570
Christian Education in the Small Membership ChurchKaren TyeAbingdon Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:
$15.99Save 25% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW650996
United Methodist Questions, United Methodist Answers: Exploring Christian FaithF. Belton Joyner Jr.Westminster John Knox Press / 2007 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:
$14.00Save 18% ($2.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW230393
Already Gone: Why Your Kids Will Quit Church and What You Can Do To Stop ItKen Ham, Britt Beemer, Todd HillardMaster Books / 2009 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 21 Reviews
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW515297
The United Methodist Music & Worship Planner 2014-2015David L. Bone, Mary J. ScifresAbingdon Press / 2014 / Spiral Bound$15.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$22.99Save 30% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW777742
Revised and updated, this popular book shows pastors and worship leaders the basics of United Methodist worship.
In this straightforward and updated commentary, Hoyt Hickman explains the basic pattern of United Methodist worship within the broader context of Christian worship. Drawing upon five basic principles, the author explains the formative nature of worship and how it can revitalize persons' lives. These principles are: God's Word is primary; active congregational participation is crucial; spontaneity and order are both important; worship should be relevant and inclusive; and worship is communion. This revision will highlight the African-American contribution to UM worship, discuss at greater length what the various worship styles mean for us today, say more about the formative nature of worship, and include updated resources including the Abingdon Worship Annual, the Abingdon Preaching Annual, and WorshipConnection.
- Explains basic resources for planning and leading worship.
- Gives the basic pattern of UM worship and its origins.
- Gives practical suggestions how to renew and revitalize worship.
- Helps pastors be effective leaders in planning and revitalizing worship.
- Helps pastors understand and communicate the uniqueness of UM worship.
- Helps pastors lead their congregation into a deeper and richer experience of God through worship.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Service Planning
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Music & Media Ministry >> Resources for Worship Leaders
- Church & Pastoral >> Worship >> Service Planning
- Start A New Search