Conveying the Wesleyan spirit of personal and social holiness, the sacraments, and evangelical practice, Eslinger pulls together settings for daily prayer, Holy Communion, the psalms, songs from the global community, and traditional hymns. A nice adjunct to any denominational hymnal. 467 pages, softcover.
Included features in the new Upper Room Worshipbook:
- Praise to God-in-three-persons, the Trinity
- Biblical vision of Shalom and Sabbath for an emerging Church
- Prayer reflecting the full, honest, emotive range of the Psalms
- Word-soaked and image-rich texts which are foundational, evocative, and formative
- Music which is delightfully varied in origin and style, yet accessible
- Songs which pray for aching creation and peoples yet embody the expectancy of healing and restoration
- Eucharistic joy in community, expressed in fresh language
Use this volume to relate to others who seek a structured way of daily deepening their faith through prayer and mediation.
- The UR Academy of Spiritual Formation
- Persons who practice daily prayer of the hours
- Prayer groups
- Churches that stress spiritual formation as a primary means of deepening a life in the spirit
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.