- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 1982
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
From This Day Forward-Rethinking the Christian Wedding - eBookKimberly Bracken LongWestminster John Knox Press / 2016 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$16.00Save 38% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW86065EB
Inclusive Marriage Services: A Wedding Sourcebook - eBookKimberly Bracken Long, David MaxwellWestminster John Knox Press / 2015 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$16.00Save 38% ($6.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW80272EB
Cohabiting Couples and Cold Feet: A Practical Marriage-Preparation Guide for Clergy - eBookRobert W. PrichardChurch Publishing Inc. / 2009 / ePub$9.99 Retail:
$18.00Save 44% ($8.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW41884EB
The Good Funeral: Death, Grief, and the Community of Care - eBookThomas G. LongWestminster John Knox Press / 2013 / ePub$12.00 Retail:
$20.00Save 40% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW49378EB
Demonstrates how worship and pastoral care can be blended to sustain and enrich each other.
Using insights gained from pastoral care and pastoral psychology, William H. Willimon explores what happens to people when they become involved in Christian worship. True pastoral care, he shows, cannot take place apart from an active worshiping community of faith.
Worship as Pastoral Care sensitizes pastors to the many ways Christian worship and pastoral care methods can be blended to enrich and support one another. It encourages pastors to broaden their understanding of corporate worship and to become aware of the importance of their role as priests.
To illustrate his concepts, Dr. Willimon examines four familiar acts of worship: the funeral, the wedding, baptism, and the Lord's Supper. The psychological dimensions are discussed and suggestions are given on ways pastors can nurture and sustain their congregations through these services.
Feeling most at home behind a pulpit, Will Willimons deepest calling is to be a preacher and truth-teller of Jesus Christ. He is Professor of the Practice of Christian Ministry at Duke University Divinity School and retired Bishop of the North Alabama Conference of The United Methodist Church, after serving for 20 years as faculty member and Dean of the Chapel at Duke University. He lives in Durham, North Carolina.
Will Willimon has published many books, including his preaching subscription service on MinistryMatters.com, Pulpit Resource, and Fear of the Other: No Fear in Love, both published by Abingdon Press.
Find Related Products
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Funeral
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Wedding
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Funeral
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Wedding
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Sacramental Theology