Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 1990
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Works of John Wesley, Volume 23: Journals and Diaries VI, 1776-1786John WesleyAbingdon Press / 1995 / Hardcover$28.79 Retail:
$58.00Save 50% ($29.21)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW7462274
The Works of John Wesley, Volume 25: Letters I, 1721-1739John WesleyAbingdon Press / 1987 / Hardcover$52.20 Retail:
$58.00Save 10% ($5.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW7462169
This is the second volume of Wesley's Journal to appear in the critical edition of The Works of John Wesley. Covering the period from late 1783 to 1743, it documents--in Wesley's own words--the formative years of the Methodist revival in Great Britain. Previously unpublished material from Wesley's private diaries supplements the account in the published Journal of such key events as Wesley's first adventure in "field preaching," the growing breach between Wesley and the Moravians, the formation of the first Methodist Societies, the establishment of the New Room in Bristol and the Foundery in London, and the emergence of the "lay preachers" or "circuit riders."
Each volume in the series is rich with footnotes that identify quotations, provide references, trace key themes, and offer vital background information.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Wesley
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Wesleyan Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology Theologians >> Wesley
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Wesleyan Theology
- Start A New Search