- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Work can be a daily grinda hard, monotonous set of thankless tasks. In the midst of the ongoing toil, many are plagued by a lack of purpose, confused as to what to do and who to become. And while some of our vocations may seem more overtly meaningful than others, the truth is that most of us work because we have to. It is a means to an endsurvival.
Given the enormous amount of time each of us spends working, we would do well to understand our callings and how God works through them.
Here culture expert Gene Veith gives us more than a simple understanding of workmore than a catchy slogan to "do all things for the glory of God." He outlines a spiritual framework for answering questions such as:
- What does it mean to be a Christian businessperson or a Christian artist or a Christian lawyer, scientist, construction worker or whatever?
- How can I know what I am supposed to do with my life?
- What does it mean to raise a Christian family? And what if I dont have kids?
Unpacking the Bibles teaching on work, Veith helps us to see the meaning in our vocations, the force behind our ethics, and the transformative presence of God in our everyday, ordinary lives.
Gene Edward Veith Jr. (PhD, University of Kansas) is provost and professor of literature at Patrick Henry College and the director of the Cranach Institute at Concordia Theological Seminary. He has been a columnist for World magazine and TableTalk, and is the author of a number of noted books on Christianity and culture, including God at Work.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Vocation
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Vocation
- eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Vocation
- eBooks >> Theology >> Practical Theology
- Start A New Search