- All Products
- Christian Livinghttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119299&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Women have a way with words. A womans strength, influence, and ability to change the world for betterin every season and in every relationshiplies in the words she speaks each day. But with that God-given power comes the need to use it wisely, and this book provides both biblical and practical guidance to that end.
In A Way with Words, author and veteran speaker Christin Ditchfield challenges women to embrace Gods gift of words and to think carefully about how they use it. She looks at twelve timeless principles as she calls all women to examine their hearts, recognize when words are their "weapon of choice," and learn how to steward this blessing to bring life, healing, and encouragement. Each chapter includes wisdom from influential women throughout history and a Bible study for individuals and small groups.
A Way with Words highlights the different ways words impact us and the people around us, specifically with those within the body of Christ. The book is written as an admonition to believers to be mindful of how they use their words, and it outlines the different uses of words in detail. Ditchfield uses extensive Scripture passages to show the gravity of how we use language. In the book of James, for example, it reminds believers that the tongue is like the rudder to the body and, thus, should be steered carefully. Frequent quotes break up the text, and study questions at the end of every chapter enhance the themes shared in each chapter. The author shares her knowledge of women and language gained through years of mentoring women, writing research articles, and speaking at conferences.
Ditchfield explains that words should be used to glorify God and further the kingdom. She supports this by discussing words of encouragement, admonition, advice, criticism, analysis, comfort, wisdom, experience, and even humor.
The book itself is well written and easily understood. I thoroughly enjoyed the examples and the use of supportive Scripture. The author gets right to the point without making apologies for her stands. The book has no denominational bent, therefore, is appropriate for a wide range of audiences. Christian women who are not afraid to be challenged in their faith or habits will enjoy this book tremendously. Alexis Warner, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Other Customers Also Purchased
Girlz Want to Know: Answers to Real-Life QuestionsSusie ShellenbergerSave 21%
For Married Women Only: Three Principles for Honoring Your Husband Intimacy - eBookTony Evans5 Stars Out Of 5 5 ReviewsSave 27%
Adventures in Odyssey® #10: Other Times, Other PlacesFocus on the Family, Marshal Younger5 Stars Out Of 5 6 ReviewsSave 36%
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search