- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 240
Vendor: Hannibal Books
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Canterbury Book of Spiritual Quotations - Slightly ImperfectWilliam SykesCanterbury Press Norwich / 2007 / Trade Paperback$17.27 Retail:
$23.99Save 28% ($6.72)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW3118272DA
Expect Great Things: Mission Quotes That Inform and InspireMarvin J. NewellWilliam Carey Library Publishers / 2013 / Trade Paperback$22.49 Retail:
$24.99Save 10% ($2.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW086269
1,001 Quotes, Illustrations, and Humorous Stories for Preachers, Teachers, and Writers - Slightly ImperfectBaker Books / 2004 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:
$27.99Save 79% ($22.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW91748DA
101 Quotable Christians: More Than 2,000 Memorable Thoughts from People Who Shaped Your FaithBarbour Publishing / 2014 / Trade Paperback$8.19 Retail:
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW366587
Located in: Highlands, Texas
Submitted: September 27, 2005
Tell us a little about yourself. I am a pastor of a small church in Highlands, TX and also teach a couple of Bible courses at Lee College. I enjoy the outdoors and such activities as hunting, fishing, canoeing. I have done farm and ranch work in the past and enjoy gardening, growing and grafting fruit trees, etc. I am single with no previous marriage. I was born in Houston and graduated from Sam Houston High School, Houston, TX; East Texas Baptist University, Marshall; and Southwestern Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX (M.Div.).
What was your motivation behind this project? 1. Preachers enjoy telling stories. My book is intended as though you had the opportunity to sit down and hear Brother Joe and his preacher friends talk about the humorous, as well as serious things that happened to them in their ministries.
2. In addition, the following Scripture is my motivation: "This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord." -Psalm 102:18. I want people 50 and 100 years into the future to know Brother Joe Brumbelow and be encouraged by his life and ministry.
3. Finally, I want people to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior through the reading of this book.
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? 1. Interesting short stories involving humor, hunting, fishing, gardening, history, as well as dealing with spiritual and family issues.
2. A few good laughs. Seeing the humorous side of life. Easy, entertaining reading. One man lost his wife several months before reading this book. A relative later said that they saw him laugh for the first time upon reading The Wit & Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow.
3. A fresh appreciation of Christian and pastoral ministry.
< 4. Fun reading but at the same time receiving a lot of biblical content through the short stories.
5. For the preacher, Bible teacher: a new source of biblical illustrations that will make the Bible come alive. Dr. Paige Patterson, President of Southwestern Seminary, Ft. Worth, TX has said, "already it has become a source of illustrations for me."
6. Last, I hope many will have the same response Ive heard several times already, "After reading this book, I feel I personally know Joe Brumbelow." A couple of folks have said, "The book was like sitting down and having a long talk with Brother Joe."
Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists? The book is about my Dad who was a longtime Texas pastor. I am a pastor and many of my Dads influences are also my own. Some of these are mentioned in the book. Authors and Christian leaders such as: Adrian Rogers, R. G. Lee, W. A. Criswell, R. L. Sumner, John R. Rice, Paige Patterson, H. A. Ironside, J. Vernon McGee, Warren Wiersbe, D. L. Moody, Squire Parsons, and many others. Influences on my life include such things as the culture and history of Texas, growing up with an appreciation of the outdoors, and having a close, Christian family. Also, the town of Damon, TX where Joe Brumbelow was raised in the 1930s and 1940s.
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: 1. My address is in the book and I would really like to know what readers think of it and if it has blessed their lives. Im interested in hearing their favorite stories from the book.
2. I believe this is a great book to give to a friend who would like to know more about Jesus. It has enough humor, etc. to interest most anyone, but also plainly presents the good news of Jesus Christ and His salvation.
3. I have also found it interesting that so many have said they have read the book aloud to their wife, husband, etc. They have done this while traveling, lying in bed, and so on. It is easy reading and can be enjoyed whether you have 5 minutes or an hour.
4. The Wit & Wisdom of Pastor Joe Brumbelow is endorsed by Adrian Rogers, Memphis, TN; James T. Draper, LifeWay; Ed Young, Houston, TX; Paige Patterson, Ft. Worth, TX; Franklin Atkinson, Marshall, TX; and R. L. Sumner, Editor, The Biblical Evangelist. I promise if you read it, you will enjoy it!
5. Makes a great gift! It even has a chapter written by Mrs. Joe (Bonnie) Brumbelow and Appendix 1 has several favorite recipes.