- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Black Friday Deals
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Monday
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
And so begins the classic tale of Edward Bear - better known as Winnie-the-Pooh. For nearly seventy years, readers have been delighted by the adventures of Christopher Robin and his lovable friends. Paired with the perfectly suited drawings of Ernest H. Shepard, A.A. Milne's classic story continues to captivate children of all ages.
Number of Pages: 176
Dimensions: 7.00 X 5.00 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Series: Winnie the Pooh
Other Customers Also Purchased
In 1903, Shepard married Florence Chaplin. Florence was a mural painter and fellow student atthe Academy. The Shepards had two children: Graham, who was killed in World War II, andMary, who later illustrated Mary L. Travers Mary Poppins books.
When World War I broke out, Shepard served in France, Belgium, and Italy, attaining the rank ofMajor. On his return to England, he continued with his art. He became a regular contributor toPunch, the classic British humor magazine, where he met A. A. Milne, a man who was to beinstrumental to his career. Shepard was elected to the editorial board of Punch, and shortlythereafter, he agreed to do the illustrations for Milne's first book of verse, When We Were VeryYoung.
The illustrations that Shepard created for all four of the Pooh books received worldwide acclaim.For the next thirty years, he continued to illustrate books for both adults and children. In 1973,for the first time, he added color to his drawings for Winnie-the-Pooh. Shepard ultimately donatedseveral hundred drawings to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
Ernest H. Shepard continued to pursue his love of drawing until his death in1976.copyright ? 2000 by Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers. All rights reserved.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Children's Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Children >> Classics >> Literature
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books
- Books >> Fiction >> Children
- Books >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books >> Fiction >> Literature
- Children >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Classic Fiction
- Children >> Children's Books >> Classics >> Literature
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books
- Fiction >> Children
- Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Fiction >> Literature
- Homeschool >> Reading >> Classics
- Start A New Search