- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 336
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Roman House Churches for Today: A Practical Guide for Small GroupsReta Halteman FingerWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2007 / Trade Paperback$16.20 Retail:
$18.00Save 10% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW807649
Recovering Paul's Mother Tongue: Language and Theology in GalatiansSusan EastmanWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2007 / Trade Paperback$22.50 Retail:
$25.00Save 10% ($2.50)Availability: Out of StockCBD Stock No: WW831651
Reta Halteman Finger finds a solution to this modern problem by learning from the ancient Mediterranean Christian culture of community. In the earliest Jerusalem church, in holding the responsibility for preparing and serving communal meals, women were given a place of honor. With the table fellowship and goods sharing of the early church, Luke says, ???there were no needy persons among them??? (Acts 4: 34). Finger thoroughly examines this agape-meal tradition, challenging traditional interpretations of the ???community of goods??? in the Jerusalem church and proving that the communal sharing lasted for hundreds of years longer than previously assumed. "Of Widows and Meals" begins a discussion of need in community that can revolutionize the contemporary church's interaction with the world at large.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Post-Apostolic & Patristic Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Ecclesiology
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Books >> Church History >> Post-Apostolic & Patristic Studies
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Ecclesiology
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search