Why Trust the Bible - eBook
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Rose Publishing
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Mere Apologetics: How to Help Seekers and Skeptics Find Faith - eBookAlister E. McGrathBaker Books / 2012 / ePub$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$17.99Save 44% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW23081EB
Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and ArmorRick RennerHarrison House / 2013 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 23 Reviews
$17.99Save 39% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW837511
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Relationships, Roles, and Relevance - eBookBruce A. WareCrossway / 2005 / ePub$3.19 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$13.99Save 77% ($10.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW7356EB
Decision Making: Discerning the Will of God - eBookRose Publishing / 2013 / ePub$3.19 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$3.99Save 20% ($0.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW41539EB
Old Testament Wisdom Literature: A Theological IntroductionCraig G. Bartholomew, Ryan P. O'DowdIVP Academic / 2011 / Hardcover$21.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$32.00Save 33% ($10.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW838967
Is the Bible an ancient document that has been tampered with? Has it been edited many times over the centuries and now is filled with errors? How can we know what the Bible really said when the originals no longer exist?
Bestselling books that promote these doubts, such as Bart Ehrman's Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why, are influencing today's news media, and these teachings are being treated as fact. Now is the time to address the topic of textual criticism in our churches and help Christians become better informed ready to defend the faith.
The Bible can be trusted, says author Dr. Timothy Paul Jones. The good news is that the Bible is reliable, even though it was hand copied and there are variations between texts. This book explains the variations and why they don't affect the trustworthiness of the Scriptures.
Dr. Jones' interest in this topic began many years ago when he came across these arguments in seminary. At first his faith was badly shaken and he wondered if he still believed. But as he dug deeper, he found answers. Dr. Jones shows the errors in critics'logic and facts and does it in an easy-to-understand style with charts, diagrams, and explanations.
This full-color book gives answers to the following claims by critics:
- The Gospels were written long after Jesus lived by people who weren't eyewitnesses.
- The stories about Jesus' life and death were not handed down reliably and not recorded accurately.
- The Bible is full of textual errors, as proven by the Dead Sea Scrolls
- The New Testament wasn't finalized until hundreds of years after Jesus and his disciples, so there could have been many other Gospels accepted and later rejected -- in addition to the four Gospels found in the Bible today.
- The originals of the Bible are lost, therefore we have no way of knowing what it actually said.
- The Bible was edited by people who had an agenda and changed many teachings.
The chapter titles are How We Got the Bible; Dead Sea Scrolls; 100 Proofs for the Bible; Why Trust the Bible; 100 Prophecies Fulfilled by Jesus; and the Gospels Lost & Found.
112 pages. Full color, dozens of color photos and illustrations and charts.
Also available for Kindle and for iPhone/smartphones.
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Spanish >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- eBooks >> Spanish >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Start A New Search