Advanced Search Links
When Love Blooms - eBook
Zondervan / 2009 / ePub
$6.44 (CBD Price)
Save: $0.55 (8%)
Availability: In Stock
CBD Stock No: WW3296EB
Buy Item Quantity: 1
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Robin Lee Hatcher is the bestselling author of over sixty-five books. Her well-drawn characters and heartwarming stories of faith, courage, and love have earned her both critical acclaim and the devotion of readers. Her numerous awards include the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction, two RITA Awards for Best Inspirational Romance, Romantic Times Career Achievement Awards for Americana Romance and for Inspirational Fiction, and the RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. Robin currently resides in Idaho. For more information, visit www.robinleehatcher.com.
In Robin Lee Hatchers latest novel, When Love Blooms, love finds a way through prejudice and confusion. A young lady of means, Emily Harris, seeks to serve a greater purpose in life before she finds a man to wed, so she leaves the civilized Boise to be a governess in the rough world of high country Idaho. She wins the affection of her young wards ailing mother, Dru Blake, but finds their father, Gavin Blake, to be much more difficult to convince that shes tough enough to stick it out. With Drus passing away with a wish that Gavin find real love and Emilys consistent proof that shes not as fragile as she looks, Gavin struggles to overcome deep wounds from the past and miscommunications with Emily to find healing and true love.
This novel is easy to read and, in certain parts, can be a real page turner. However, the characters can border on being clichéd at times, yet overall are easy to empathize with and root for. Research on 1800s Idaho is evident and worked in well, though not seamlessly. Gavins realization and final decision, the catalyst for the ending, was somewhat disappointing as it seemed rushedlike the snap of a finger was all it would take for him to change his mind. Other than that, this novel was a well plotted enjoyable story.
Where Love Blooms is by no means a book that is incredibly profound or even one that youll want to read again and again. However, it isnt a cookie-cutter love story either. There are many complications and plot twists that dont often get utilized in Christian fiction, and it will certainly keep you wondering until the end. I would recommend this novel to anyone who is looking for an easy-to-read historical romance with an interesting plot. Shannon Potelicki, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
1. What drives Emily to apply for a job as a governess? How do her family and friends react? Have you ever made a decision that was met with a similar reaction?
2. What is Gavins first impression of Emily? What assumptions does he make about her? Did you make assumptions about any of the characters in the novel? Did they prove to be true or false?
3. Both Emily and Gavin faced difficult situations growing up. How did each cope with these difficulties? What did Emily have growing up that Gavin did not? How does this affect her character differently?
4. Compare Gavin and Dru. What are their attitudes toward Drus illness? Toward Emily? How do their attitudes reflect the state of their hearts?
5. Though we never meet her character in person, Gavins mother deeply affects his relationship with Emily. How does Gavin compare his mother to Emily? To himself? Are any of his comparisons justified?
6.Emily and Gavin both repress their feelings for each other because of Dru, even though she continuously tries to fan the flames. How do you feel about what Dru is doing? Could she have taken a different approach? Are there other factors that cause Gavin and Emily to repress their feelings besides Drus presence?
7. Emily is unsure if she is following Gods will after her hasty acceptance of Patricks proposal. What is the reason she gives for her uncertainty? Have you ever experienced a time when you were not able to discern Gods will? Were you eventually able to recognize it? How?
8. What event causes Gavin to finally surrender to the Lord? Have you or someone you know ever experienced a spiritual conversion in the face of hardship? How does Gavins perspective change after his conversion?
9. Emily is finally able to see the importance of her role in working for the Blakes at the end of the novel. How is it different than what she originally set out to achieve? What does this show about the nature of Gods will?
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products