- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Cave Quest VBS 2016: Bible Memory Buddies, Set of 5Group Publishing / 2016 / Other$2.96 Retail:
$3.29Save 10% ($0.33)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW73217X
Cave Quest VBS 2016, Ultimate Starter Kit Following Jesus, The Light of the WorldGroup Publishing / 2015 / Other$159.29 Retail:
$176.99Save 10% ($17.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW733683Video
Deep Sea Discovery VBS KitStandard Publishing VBS / 2015 / Other$149.99 Retail:
$179.99Save 17% ($30.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW77770XVideo
Cave Quest VBS 2016: Sing & Play Rock Music CDGroup Publishing / 2015 / Compact disc$6.29 Retail:
$6.99Save 10% ($0.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW733504
Cindy Easley, nationally known speaker and commentator on Prime Time America and married to Michael Easley (Moody Bible Institute President Emeritus) takes a very biblical look at this important concept, starting with the question, What was God thinking of? The author ushers us into the Garden of Eden where God said, It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helpmate suitable for him(Gen. 2:18). Anticipating some flack, Cindy goes on to define the term helper in Hebrew. The word used is the same word as in Ps. 30:10 which says, Hear, oh Lord and be merciful to me, oh Lord be my help, and Ps. 54:54 which says, Surely the Lord is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Suddenly we see God calling women to share the same helpfulness trait God the Father manifests.
From this noble and elevated role, the author weaves a beautiful picture of submission. She examines what submission isnt: it doesnt mean women need to obey all men or wives need to put their ideas on mute. On the contrary, godly submission allows for good discussion(p. 74). She then links submission to respect for a husband.
The book then gives us a peek at three scenarios where women have learned to be submissive in difficult situations:
* The woman who is primary caregiver to her invalid husband
* The wife who has to take mother and father roles until her husband comes back from military service.
* A marriage of two intelligent, professional, and highly visible people, Janet and Craig Parshall. Janet, host of her own nationally acclaimed radio program describes how submission plays out in their marriage.
The final section of this book asks and answers common questions many women might have about submission, including:
* How is submission different from giving in?
* What do you tell a woman whose husband says she must submit? (Hint, the Bible never gives a man permission to tell his wife to submit.)
* How do you follow a husband who doesnt know where he wants to go?
The author ends this little gem of a book with the life of Ruth Bell Graham. Ruths plucky spirit kept Billy, her husband rooted to real life. Once when asked if she and her husband always agreed on everything, she said, My goodness, no! If we did, there would be no need for one of us. T.S. Wilson, friend of Billy said of Ruth, There would have been no Billy Graham as we know him today had it not been for Ruth.
Cindy Easley, an opinionated, independent woman by her own admission, gives the reader one of the clearest understandings of submission Ive heard. Id recommend this fresh new look at Gods plan for a godly wife for any woman struggling with submission. Her explanations will clear up bitterness and confusion coming from past control issues in this very readable book. -- Carol G. Stratton, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Find Related Products
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- eBooks >> Family >> Marriage & Divorce >> Marriage
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Start A New Search