- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Philosophical Schools▼▲
- Philosophical Subjects▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Regnery Publishing
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
What's So Great About Christianity Unabridged Audiobook on CDDinesh D'SouzaBlackstone Audiobooks / Compact disc$40.50 Retail:
$45.00Save 10% ($4.50)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW204616
What's So Great About Christianity Unabridged Audiobook on MP3-CDDinesh D'SouzaBlackstone Audiobooks / MP3$26.96 Retail:
$29.95Save 10% ($2.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW204640
Quarks, Chaos & Christianity: Questions to Science and Religion--Revised and Updated EditionJohn PolkinghorneCrossroad / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.95Save 20% ($2.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW4524063
Amidst scientists’ attempts to debunk Christianity’s truths and atheists’ assuming the Bible is a how-to-be-virtuous self-help book, bestselling author Dinesh D’Souza resolves to both answer the tough questions and challenge believers as well as doubters to search for the ultimate truths about theories of origin. D’Souza tackles subjects and events such as the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition, the Big Bang theory and Darwinismeverything you always pondered but never scrutinized, now placed under the proverbial microscope and studied thoroughly.
Or are atheists correct? Does science disprove Christianity, debunk it as a force for good, and discredit it as a guide to morality?
In this groundbreaking book, bestselling author Dinesh DSouza is the first to tackle these questions and challenge atheists on their own secular turf. Approaching atheism with the skeptical eye usually reserved for religion, DSouza uses the latest scientific (among other) evidence to show why Christianity makes sense, why the atheists arguments are wrong, and why there really is something great about Christianity.
Whats So Great About Christianity explains:
- Why Christianity explains what modern science tells us about the universe and our originsbetter than atheism does
- How Christianity created the framework for modern science, so that Christianity and science are reconcilable, but atheism and science may not be
- Why the alleged sins of Christianitythe Crusades, the Inquisition, the Galileo affairare vastly overblown
- Why atheist regimes are responsible for the greatest mass murders of history
- Why evolution does not threaten Christian belief, but actually supports the argument from design
- Why atheists fear the Big Bang theory and the anthropic principle of the universe, which are keystones of modern astronomy and physics
- How Christianity explains consciousness and free will, which atheists have to deny
EnochHong KongAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Effective evangelizing toolFebruary 24, 2012EnochHong KongAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I found this book easy to read. I saw D'souza's debate with Erhman. He seemed to have adopted what he said in his book in the debate. He won the debate hands down.
Alice RossNorth CarolinaAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Excellent bookDecember 29, 2011Alice RossNorth CarolinaAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book contains a wealth of historical/sociological/political information about Christianity. It is a must read for anyone committed to the faith.
John LiVancouver BCAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5February 9, 2011John LiVancouver BCAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I bought this book because I saw Dinesh in his debate with Hitchens and Harris. I was not disappointed. In fact, it makes me more excited about my relationship with Jesus Christ. I believe God raises different people in every generation to be His mouthpiece in defending His word. I believe Dinesh is one of them. Not to mention he is from India, the unlikely place where Christianity is not dominant. Dinesh have a way of leading you into His thoughts clearly. He is not afraid to questions all the assumption of his atheist opponent. He doesn't use circular reasoning which we usually do. This is a scholarly job. It lead you to think like him in whatever you believe. I believe our faith is only as good as where it is put on. Christ is the answer.
CurtPhoenix area of ArizonaAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Rivals C.S. Lewis in apologeticsJanuary 20, 2011CurtPhoenix area of ArizonaAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5In my opinion, D'Souza is an excellent writer and this was an outstanding book that I would recommend highly. I have given copies to family and good friends.
John Denney5 Stars Out Of 5March 10, 2010John DenneyExcellent read. Well researched and clearly written. This book is helpful to anyone who is seeking to better understand how to communicate Biblical truth to a postmodern world.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> For Seekers
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview >> Secular Religious Philosophy >> Intellectual Skepticism
- Books >> Philosophy >> Philosophy of Religion
- Start A New Search