- All Products
- Christian Livinghttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119625&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
What's in the Bible About the Holy Spirit? is one of the study books in the series, What's in the Bible, and Why Should I Care? Explore the power and presence of God's Holy Spirit in the lives of God's people.
Each of the 4 chapters includes in-depth questions about the readings, Bible facts, a Psalm and a prayer.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
Series: What's in the Bible
Whats in the Bible about the Holy Spirit?
What is the Bible is all about? What's in it? Why is it so important for Christians? Is it really relevant for people in the 21st century? Should I care about what's in the Bible? Why? What difference will it make in my life? The study series, What's in the Bible and Why Should I Care? offers opportunities to explore these questions and others by opening the Bible, reading it, prayerfully reflecting on what the Bible readings say, and applying the readings to daily life.
The title of this unique and exciting Bible study series points to the two essential features of meaningful Bible study: reading the Bible and applying the Bible to life. First, we read the Bible to discover answers to the question Whats in the Bible? and second, we reflect upon what we read in order to discover answers to the question, Why Should I Care? and apply these answers to our lives.
Whats in the Bible about the Holy Spirit? is one of the study books in the series, Whats in the Bible and Why Should I Care? Whats in the Bible about the Holy Spirit? will help readers explore the power and presence of Gods Holy Spirit in the lives of Gods people. Chapters include: The Holy Spirit Creates and Renews, The Holy Spirit Inspires, The Holy Spirit Empowers, and The Holy Spirit is with Gods People. Each chapter contains the following features:
Bible Readings - Each chapter explores specific readings from the Bible.
The Questions Each chapter begins with focus questions that will be explored in the Bible readings and the chapter information.
A Psalm Each chapter begins with verses from a psalm. These excerpts from the psalms give readers the experience of using the Bible for personal and group devotion.
A Prayer A brief two or three sentence prayer at the beginning and end of each chapter
What's in the Bible? Participants will read and reflect upon key Bible readings in each chapter and use the space provided to write personal and private reflections.
Reflection Questions These questions are related to the chapter information and are designed to help the reader consider key ideas that emerge from this information and from the Bible readings.
Bible Facts Additional related information about the Bible readings.
Here's Why I Care This activity near the end of each chapter contains questions that invite the readers to grow in faith as they prayerfully reflect about what they have learned
Alex Joyner is author of Restless Hearts: Where Do I Go Now, God? (Abingdon Press), a curriculum on vocation for young adults. He is also the author of Whats in the Bible About Us? and Whats in the Bible About the Holy Spirit? (Abingdon Press). He is a published poet, photographer, and essayist on the online magazine Catapult.
Joyner is pastor of Franktown United Methodist Church on Virginias Eastern Shore. He has served as campus minister at the University of Virginia and in appointments in Virginia, Texas, and England. A regular writer for the FaithLink adult curriculum, Joyner began his career as a news director for a radio station. He teaches theology and church history as a summer faculty member at Perkins School of Theology in Dallas, Texas.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- Christian Living >> Prayer
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Prayer
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search