BROWSE for Homeschooling & Learning
Advanced Search Links
What Your Third Grader Needs To Know
Random House, Inc / 2002 / Paperback
$12.99 (CBD Price)
Save: $5.01 (28%)
Availability: In Stock
CBD Stock No: WW36263
Give your kids a smart start up the educational ladder! This revised guidebook from the Core Knowledge series presents the foundational knowledge and skills your third graders need to excel in the later grades---and beyond! Covers language and literature, history and geography, visual arts, music, mathematics, and science. Revisions include full-color illustrations, easy-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum. 400 pages, softcover from Delta.
Give your child a smart start with
What Your Third Grader Needs to Know
What should your child learn in the third grade? How can you help him or her at home? This book answers these important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American third graders. Featuring sixteen pages of full-color illustrations, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, What Your Third Grader Needs to Know is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of children have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This edition gives todays third graders the advantage they need to make progress in school and to establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. In this book youll discover
• Favorite poemsold and new, from the traditional Mother Goose rhyme "For Want of Nail" to Lewis Carrolls whimsical poem "The Crocodile"
• Literaturefrom around the world, including Native American stories, African folktales, European fairy tales, classic myths from ancient Greece, stories from ancient Rome, and more
• Learning about languagethe basics of written English, including sentence structure, parts of speech, and a first look at writing a report or letter
• World and American history and geographyjourney down the great rivers of Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia, visit ancient Rome, and experience the earliest days of America with the Pilgrims and Native Americans
• Visual artsan introduction to masterworks by Rembrandt, Henri Matisse, Mary Cassatt, and others, with full-color reproductions and fun, do-it-yourself activities
• Musicthe fundamentals of appreciating, reading, and making music, plus great composers, instruments, and sing-along lyrics for songs such as "A Bicycle Built for Two" and "Hes Got the Whole World in His Hands"
• Mathstimulating lessons ranging from counting money to solving division problems, numbers through 100,000, graphs, and the metric system
• Sciencefascinating discussions on the natural world, the cycles of life, the human body and its systems, and the environment, with accompanying activities and stories about famous scientists such as Copernicus and Alexander Graham Bell
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products