- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Map Area▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Short, yet detailed sections are divided into general categories of language & literature, history & geography, visual arts, music, mathematics, and science. Sub-categories include many subjects that comprise the basic knowledge that a 3rd-grade child should know. Clearly written, each topic is approximately a page in length and conveys interesting and challenging content. From mythology and writing letters to the English colonies, division, and ecology, your third grader will receive a thorough sweep of knowledge critical for further success. 366 pages, softcover, indexed.
This revised edition includes new detail in stories, a more engaging emphasis on the story to be found within history, and additional color reproductions in the Visual Arts section.
Number of Pages: 400
Vendor: Random House
Publication Date: 2002
|Dimensions: 9.25 X 7.37 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Monarch Grade 3 5-subject SetAlpha Omega Publications / Other, N/A$404.96 Retail:
$449.95Save 10% ($44.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW0MON51Video
Wordly Wise 3000 Student Book Grade 3, 3rd EditionKenneth Hodkinson, Sandra AdamsEducators Publishing Service / Trade Paperback$8.69 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$11.70Save 26% ($3.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW379603
What Your Third Grader Needs to Know
What should your child learn in the third grade? How can you help him or her at home? This book answers these important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that thousands of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American third graders. Featuring sixteen pages of full-color illustrations, a bolder, easier-to-follow format, and a thoroughly updated curriculum, What Your Third Grader Needs to Know is designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children. Hundreds of thousands of children have benefited from the Core Knowledge Series. This edition, featuring a new Introduction, gives todays generation of third graders the advantage they need to make progress in school and to establish an approach to learning that will last a lifetime. In this book youll discover
• Favorite poemsold and new, from the traditional Mother Goose rhyme "For Want of Nail" to Lewis Carrolls whimsical poem "The Crocodile"
• Literatureincluding Native American stories, African folktales, European fairy tales, classic myths from ancient Greece, stories from ancient Rome, and more
• Learning about languagethe basics of written English, including sentence structure, parts of speech, and a first look at writing a report or letter
• World and American history and geographyjourney down the great rivers of Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia, visit ancient Rome, and experience the earliest days of America with the Pilgrims and Native Americans
• Visual artsan introduction to masterworks by Rembrandt, Henri Matisse, Mary Cassatt, and others, with full-color reproductions and fun, do-it-yourself activities
• Musicthe fundamentals of appreciating, reading, and making music, plus great composers, instruments, and sing-along lyrics for songs such as "A Bicycle Built for Two" and "Hes Got the Whole World in His Hands"
• Mathstimulating lessons ranging from counting money to solving division problems, numbers through 100,000, graphs, and the metric system
• Sciencefascinating discussions on the natural world, the cycles of life, the human body and its systems, and the environment, with accompanying activities and stories about famous scientists such as Copernicus and Alexander Graham Bell
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Little House in the Big Woods, Novel Units Student Packet, 3-4Laura Ingalls WilderECS Learning Systems, Inc. / Other, N/A$10.49 Retail:
$12.99Save 19% ($2.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW77054