- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Short, yet detailed sections are divided into general categories of language & literature, history & geography, visual arts, music, mathematics, and science. Sub-categories include many subjects that comprise the basic knowledge that a 2nd-grade child should know. Clearly written, each topic is approximately a page in length and conveys interesting and challenging content. From American "tall tales" and adjectives to Ancient Greece and the water cycle, your second grader will receive a thorough sweep of knowledge critical for further success. 359 pages, softcover, indexed.
This revised edition includes new detail in stories, a more engaging emphasis on the story to be found within history, and additional color reproductions in the Visual Arts section.
Number of Pages: 361
Vendor: Random House
Publication Date: 1999
|Dimensions: 9.18 X 7.38 X 0.91 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Learning Language Arts Through Literature Red Book Pack, Grade 2Susan S. SimpsonCommon Sense Press / 1998 / Trade Paperback$67.89 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 15 Reviews
$88.00Save 23% ($20.11)Availability: Out of StockCBD Stock No: WW02116
Learning Language Arts Through Literature, Grade 2, Activity RedSusan S. Simpson, Debbie StrayerCommon Sense Press / 1998 / Trade Paperback$20.69 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$27.00Save 23% ($6.31)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW92170
What Your Second Grader Needs to Know
What will your child be expected to learn in the second grade? How can you help him or her at home? This book answers these all-important questions and more, offering the specific shared knowledge that hundreds of parents and teachers across the nation have agreed upon for American second graders. Designed for parents and teachers to enjoy with children, featuring a new Introduction, this second-grade volume of the Core Knowledge Series presents the knowledge and skills that should be at the core of a challenging second-grade education, including
• Favorite poemsold and new, from "Caterpillars" to Gwendolyn Brookss prizewinning "Rudolph Is Tired of the City"
• Literaturefrom around the world, with African folktales, American tall tales, European fairy tales, and classic myths from ancient Greece
• Learning about languagethe basic building blocks of written English, all explained with a touch of humor and common sense
• World and American history and geographyvisit Japan, explore ancient Greece, travel the Underground Railroad with Harriet Tubman
• Visual artswith activities and full-color illustrations of masterworks by El Greco, Van Gogh, Matisse, and others
• Musicbasic theory, great composers, instruments, and fun-to-sing songs such as "Ive Been Working on the Railroad" and "Do-Re-Mi"
• Mathchallenging lessons ranging from telling time to doing fractions, numbers to 100, and a first look at geometry
• Sciencethe cycle of life and the seasons, levers and magnets, the wonder of the human body, and more, with lots of hands-on activities and stories about famous scientists
Other Customers Also Purchased
Singapore Math Primary Math Intensive Practice U.S. Ed 3BSingaporemath.com Inc / Trade Paperback$10.80Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW906059
Our Created Stars and Galaxies, Volume 2: What You Aren't Being Told About Astronomy--DVDSpike PsarrisCreation Astronomy Media / 2012 / DVD$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$15.00Save 30% ($4.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW504448