- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
In this exciting and inspiring study, Scott J. Jones helps seekers and believers to envision and practice discipleship as a way of life. Presenting Christianity from a Wesleyan perspective, Jones invites participants into a deeper, more thoughtful, more active commitment to Christ. This 8-session study helps participants focus on how, through discipleship with Jesus Christ, we become part of God's work in transforming the world.
Each week a different presenter shares their personal faith experience. Presenters include Adam Hamilton, Olu Brown, Felicia Hopkins, Jessica Moffat Seay, Jorge Acevedo, Rob Fuquay and author Scott Jones. Mini-videos conclude each week with an interview or ministry story from the presenter's home church. Participants then read on their own from the student book and the Bible and then once a week the group comes together to explore what they've read and to view another video.
Number of Pages: 112
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
White Candles, 7/8 x 12 inches, Self-Fitting End, Set of 24Christian Brands / Will & Baumer Candles / Other$32.953 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW115668
Questions and Answers about the United Methodist ChurchTom McAnallyAbingdon Press / 1995 / Trade Paperback$3.59 Retail:
$3.99Save 10% ($0.40)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW016709
United Methodist Questions, United Methodist Answers: Exploring Christian Faith, Revised EditionBelton JoynerWestminster John Knox Press / 2015 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$15.00Save 27% ($4.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW260423
The Wesleyan Way Student Book: A Faith That Matters - eBookScott J. JonesAbingdon Press / 2013 / ePub$9.69 Retail:2 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 35% ($5.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW43279EB
The Evangelistic Love of God and Neighbor A Theology of Witness and DiscipleshipScott J. JonesAbingdon Press / 2003 / Trade Paperback$13.49 Retail:
$22.99Save 41% ($9.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW46144
yellowhat122 Stars Out Of 5Thought it would be betterOctober 1, 2013yellowhat12Quality: 2Value: 3Meets Expectations: 2The church I help serve is working through a series on this material. I respect Bishop Jones and his leadership, but have found that this product has not lived up to the hype.
1. The DVD Material are just basic head shot 10 minute talks that are poorly edited. Each speaker covers a lot of topics and it is hard to find a specific, focused topic from each talk.
2. The book itself gives you about 15 pages per week of reading, which I appreciate. It is not too long or too short. However, the material covers a large span of Christian topics with little focus in one area. Some have shared with me that it is watered down and simplistic. The messages themselves are good, but there is little depth and it is quite scattered.
3. The Leaders guide is actually pretty good. Good questions and some good suggestions for activities. However, the reading focuses on the United Methodist Hymns and they encourage you to sing them in your group. Nope, that will not happen in 99% of the groups.
4. The Wesleyan Way focus: This is not a bad focus, but there is little distinction between the difference between the Wesleyan Way and the way of Christ. This is a cumbersome title, confusing for most people and it sounds like the Methodist Church is still trying to resurrect what once was for the church, instead of sharing the heart of John Wesley. The time it takes to explain what the Wesleyan Way is, which could be summed up better in the sub title, A Faith that Matters, is not worth the effort and it is an antiquated title for the 21st century.
Overall, I am disappointed with this material and have found many barriers of trying to make this work in the church I serve
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search