- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 224
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 8.00 X 5.38 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Breakthrough Prayer: The Secret of Receiving What You Need from GodJim CymbalaZondervan / 2003 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$15.99Save 25% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW25518X
All I Need Is Jesus & a Good Pair of Jeans: The Tired Supergirl's Search for GraceSusanna Foth AughtmonRevell / 2008 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$14.00Save 14% ($2.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW731724
When God's Spirit Moves: DVD, Six Sessions on the Life-Changing Power of the Holy SpiritJim CymbalaZondervan / 2011 / DVD$19.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$26.99Save 26% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW113829
When God's Spirit Moves: Six Sessions on the Life Changing Power of the Holy Spirit Pack, Participant/DVDJim Cymbala, Dean MerrillZondervan / 2011 / Other$23.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$31.99Save 25% ($8.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW889427
Jim Cymbala has served as pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than forty years. He is the author of many bestselling books, including Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, The Church God Blesses, When Gods People Pray, Fresh Faith, and Spirit Rising. He lives in New York City with his wife, Carol, who directs the Grammy Awardwinning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. The Cymbalas have three children and eight grandchildren.
Dean Merrill, former publishing executive with Focus on the Family and International Bible Society, is author or coauthor of 31 books, including The God Who Won't Let Go and Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Church. He and his wife live in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
1. What is that you desire more of? Are your desires in line with God's will?
2. Do you really want what God wants for your life? What are you doing to allow him to work in your life? What are you doing that is blocking his working in your life?
3.What intimidates you most about "stepping up"? What thrills you most?
Chapter 2 - An Assignment Just for You
1.Have you discovered your work assignment from God?
2.What excuses do people sometimes give for not fulfilling their assignment from God?
3.What scares you most about opening yourself up to an assignment from God? What excites you most?
Chapter 3 - The Place of God's Blessing
1."Look back before you move forward": In what ways have you experienced God's power and provision in the past?
2."Don't try to move forward in disobedience": Why is this message sometimes hard for Christians to accept? Is there something in your life you need to repent of?
3."The blood sacrifice must always remain central": What does the sacrifice of Jesus mean to you?
Chapter 4 - The Forgotten One
1. What is your current understanding of the Holy Spirit?
2. In what ways have you experienced the Holy Spirit? In what ways have you held the Holy Spirit at a distance?
3.What might happen in your life if you surrendered to the Holy Sprit's power?
Chapter 5 - Lesson from the Bayou
1. "Do to others what you would have them do to you": When is this easy for you? When is it difficult?
2. Who are some of the people God loves that society does not?
3. In what tangible ways are you able to show love? How have you had love shown to you?
Chapter 6 - Not So Fast!
1. When is the last time you took time to seek the Lord's direction on a big-or small-decision? What was the outcome?
2. Why do we often neglect to wait for God's direction?
3. "Ask, wait, and listen": How can you cultivate this principle in your life?
Chapter 7 - Wholehearted for the Long Haul
1. What undermines your sense of commitment?
2. What challenges are you currently experiencing?
3. "Determined and dependent": How can we combine these two qualities?
Chapter 8 - "What's Up with This?"
1. What can help us have courage when times get tough?
2. What difficult experiences have you had that have helped you grow?
3. What is your first reaction to hardship? How can you remember to pray when hardships come?
Chapter 9 - The Enemy Within
1. In what ways is the enemy attacking you?
2. What are you currently doing to defeat him?
3. What steps can you take to help yourself turn to God immediately when you are experiencing an attack of Satan?
Chapter 10 - Objection Overruled
1. Is God calling you to a specific task? What specific objections are you giving him?
2. Which of God's qualities do you most need to hold on to in order to take on this task (his grace, strength, mercy, power, love, understanding, knowledge, greatness, etc.)?
3. "God's promise, plan, and power": Which of these do you tend to underestimate? What steps do you need to take to develop a conviction that God can be trusted?
Chapter 11 - More Than You'd Ever Dream
1. Why is it often difficult to remain faithful in the ordinary things of life?
2. Who do you know that has yielded their life to the purposes of God?
What qualities do you admire about this person?
3. What are some small faithful acts that you've seen God bless in a big way?
Chapter 12 - Supernatural Peace
1. "Resist accusations, resolve animosity, release anxiety, renew your mental 'atmosphere'": Which of these attacks of Satan do you struggle with most often?
2. What steps can you take to hold on to God's promises when you are experiencing one of these attacks?
3. What changes would occur in your life in you truly pursued God's supernatural peace?
Chapter 13 - A Word to Remember
1. What verses in the Bible are especially meaningful to you?
2. When have you experienced God's personalized word to you?
3. What has God promised you?
kammie4nowVaAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great bookOctober 9, 2012kammie4nowVaAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Really enjoyed this grreat book. Must read if you are searching for a closer walk with God
Ministry LeaderChicago, IlAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5You Were Made for More Is a Must ReadAugust 17, 2012Ministry LeaderChicago, IlAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I read this book a few years ago and felt inclined to introduce it to my Women's Ministry class. The impact on lives has been amazing. The testimonies range from the birth of a new ministry to decisions to release relationships and more. One woman was physically sick but insisted on coming to class because of the impact on her life. In her words, this class was for her! I hope to one day meet Pastors Cymbala and thank them both. As for the delivery and service of the Christian Bookstore, the items arrived on time and the discount for large purchases made this affordable for everyone. Since I ordered over 20 that was wonderful. Thank you.
gingerFishers, INAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5June 22, 2012gingerFishers, INAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My accountability group used this book for our last study. It has been amazing to see how we all have benefited from it.
Pastor Cymbala has such an easy style of presenting thoughtful and thought provoking examples, and encourages
self examination, prayer and growth.
JohnBRoseville, CAAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Spiritual growth in the Holy SpiritMay 5, 2012JohnBRoseville, CAAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5For those who want more of God in their life, this is an excellent resource.
Tony RobertsBaie Verte, Newfoundland, CanadaAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Great writing, its easy to understand.February 10, 2012Tony RobertsBaie Verte, Newfoundland, CanadaAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5Meets Expectations: 4This is the fifth book I have by Cymbala. His writings are always simple and encouraging. I recommend any born-again believer to get this book and take it to heart.