- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Denise George is the author of 24 books, including coauthor of The Secret Holocaust Diaries. She currently lives in Birmingham with her husband, Dr. Timothy George.
Carolyn McKinstry was only fourteen years old when a bomb planted by the Ku Klux Klan took the lives of her four best friends and left her with a drastically altered view of humanity. The explosion, which she missed by mere seconds, made the horror of racism a reality in her mind and planted a longing in her heart for things to be righted. Her story is one of loss and sorrow, but it is also one of recovery and forgiveness, dotted with hopeful childhood memories and moments of bravery in the face of prejudice and segregation. It also follows her adulthood struggles with depression and hate brought on by the Birmingham bombing, and the hurdles she had to face many years later. In the process of overcoming her difficulties, Carolyn holds to Matthew 22:39, learning what it means to "love your neighbor as yourself," and in forgiving those around her, she finds healing.
While the World Watched is an eye-opening book that captures the essence of life in the South during the turmoil of the 1960s. Although sometimes tragic, McKinstry's story offers a message of hope and love despite oppression and hate. The book is an excellent reminder of the wounds racism creates and the great bravery and forgiveness it takes to heal them. Chelsea Molin, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Find Related Products
- Download >> Biography
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- eBooks >> Biography >> General Biography
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search