- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In The Zero-Waste lifestyle, Amy Korst shows you how to lead a healthier, happier, and more sustainable life by generating less garbage. Drawing from lessons she learned during a year-long experiment in zero-waste living. Amy outlines hundreds of easy ideas-from the simp0le to the radical-for consuming and throwing away less, with low-impact tips on the best ways to:
- Buy eggs from a local farm instead of the grocery store
- Star a worm bin for composting
- Grow your own loofah sponges and mix up eco-friendly cleaning solutions
- Purchase gently used items and donate them when you're finished
- Shop the bulk aisle and keep reusable bags in your purse or car
- Bring your own container for restaurant leftovers or for take-out
Number of Pages: 262
Vendor: Ten Speed Press
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Family Shepherds: Calling and Equipping Men to Lead Their HomesVoddie Baucham Jr.Crossway Books & Bibles / 2011 / Trade Paperback$11.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 10 Reviews
$15.99Save 28% ($4.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW523694
A practical guide to generating less waste, featuring meaningful and achievable strategies from the blogger behind The Green Garbage Project, a yearlong experiment in living garbage-free.
Trash is a big, dirty problem. The average American tosses out nearly 2,000 pounds of garbage every year that piles up in landfills and threatens our air and water quality. You do your part to reduce, reuse, and recycle, but is it enough?
In The Zero-Waste Lifestyle, Amy Korst shows you how to lead a healthier, happier, and more sustainable life by generating less garbage. Drawing from lessons she learned during a yearlong experiment in zero-waste living, Amy outlines hundreds of easy ideasfrom the simple to the radicalfor consuming and throwing away less, with low-impact tips on the best ways to:
• Buy eggs from a local farm instead of the grocery store
• Start a worm bin for composting
• Grow your own loofah sponges and mix up eco-friendly cleaning solutions
• Purchase gently used items and donate them when youre finished
• Shop the bulk aisle and keep reusable bags in your purse or car
• Bring your own containers for take-out or restaurant leftovers
By eliminating unnecessary items in every aspect of your life, these meaningful and achievable strategies will help you save time and money, support local businesses, decrease litter, reduce your toxic exposure, eat well, become more self-sufficient, and preserve the planet for future generations.
trash in every room of the house as well as in other areas of your life,
from family vacations to the kids trick-or-treat bags. This is an invaluable
book filled with practical, easy-to-implement tips for every lifestyle."
Thom Hartmann, author of The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight
"The Zero-Waste Lifestyle is a treasure trove of tips about how you can easily
reduce your impact on the earth by reducing your waste. Thank goodness
for this intelligent and important bookKorst shows us that we really can
make a difference by making simple changes in our day-to-day lives."
Sophie Uliano, New York Times best-selling author of Gorgeously Green