Trash is a big, dirty problem. The average American tosses out nearly 2,000 pounds of garbage every year, and it piles up in landfills and threatens our air and water quality. You do your part to reduce, reuse, and recycle, but is it enough?
In The Zero-Waste lifestyle
, Amy Korst shows you how to lead a healthier, happier, and more sustainable life by generating less garbage. Drawing from lessons she learned during a year-long experiment in zero-waste living. Amy outlines hundreds of easy ideas-from the simp0le to the radical-for consuming and throwing away less, with low-impact tips on the best ways to:
- Buy eggs from a local farm instead of the grocery store
- Star a worm bin for composting
- Grow your own loofah sponges and mix up eco-friendly cleaning solutions
- Purchase gently used items and donate them when you're finished
- Shop the bulk aisle and keep reusable bags in your purse or car
- Bring your own container for restaurant leftovers or for take-out
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.