- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Single Living Bible Study
Accountability and the Christian Single - Word Document [Download]Christianity Today InternationalChristianity Today / 2009 / Word Document$4.95Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1714DF
Singleness: A Life Grounded in Love - PDF Download [Download]Ruth GoringIVP Connect / 2012 / PDF Download$3.99 Retail:
$6.99Save 43% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW22173DF
A Single s Guide to God - Word Document [Download]Christianity Today InternationalChristianity Today / 2009 / Word Document$4.95Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1709DF
On the one hand, you have your heart set on marriage. On the other hand, no ring. Response? Some singles drop the dream and dive headlong into their career or other activities. Others say they re too clever for the marriage trap and entertain their friends with disparaging jokes about the opposite sex. And how about singles who retreat behind sassy comebacks when well-meaning relatives ask, Aren t you married yet? After all, wouldn t one of these choices beat the embarrassing and humbling admission that you re still hoping and praying for a life partner?
Not for single adult Colleen Alden. After years of wrestling with being single and longing for marriage, her choice came down to keep hoping. Easy? Natural? Certainly not. In this study, we ll examine how the challenge of remaining optimistic in the face of doubt and disappointment can, in fact, strengthen the dream, deepen faith, and lead to more authentic relationships with others.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Esther 3:1 6; 4:9 16; 8:1 2; Psalm 139:1 18; Mark 9:17 27
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: God creates courage for such a time as this.
--Teaching point two: God creates faith in the face of doubt.
--Teaching point three: God creates you.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM TODAY'S CHRISTIAN WOMAN
Lessons from Longing, by Colleen Alden ( 2005 )
This study is 10 printed pages.
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Relationships
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search