Why do cats have whiskers? Why does food taste different when I have a cold? Why does my shadow change during the day? Kids discover the answers in this treasure chest of fun-filled science activities, experiments, and work sheets! Seventy-five lessons teach fundamental skills including observation, measuring and estimating, grouping, and investigating. Ages 4 to 8. 202 pages, softcover from Jossey-Bass.
The book's 75 lessons and reproducible activities touch on all areas of science and provide the key to a world of science magic and mystery. While kids will have fun doing the activities and learning to love science, they are also being encouraged to develop other skills, including reading, writing, math, and art.
The book is designed to help young students catch the "science bug" and find the answers for themselves to these and other questions:
- Why do cats have whiskers?
- How does a caterpillar change into a butterfly?
- Why do elephants have such large ears?
- How does a grasshopper grow?
- Why is the skin on my elbows so wrinkled?
- Why does food taste different when I have a cold?
- How can we make perfume from flower petals?
- Why does my shadow change during the day?
Janice VanCleave is a former science teacher who now spends her time writing and giving science workshops. She is the author of over forty-five children's science books with sales totaling over 2 million copies.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.