- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Baker Books
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
In this provocative and compelling book, internationally known missiologists Alan and Debra Hirsch overthrow culturized understandings of theology and culture, and cast a vision for a distinctly mission-shaped way of living the Christian life. Written for any Christian serious about issue of discipleship, Untamed covers such topics as church, humans as bearers of the image of God, family life, culture, and sexuality. Through it all they seek to answer the question, how are we to think and live day to day as followers of Jesus?
Each chapter ends with suggested practices to help readers begin to live out the book's principles as well as questions for group discussion.
Debra Hirsch is a minister at Tribe of LA, an eclectic bunch of missional artists and vagabonds in downtown LA. She is also on the leadership team of Christian Associates International, a church-planting agency working on three continents.
The authors live in the Los Angeles area.
Cheri CowellGender: female5 Stars Out Of 5For those not just looking for missional theologyAugust 16, 2012Cheri CowellGender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I heard Alan and Deb speak on this book and knew their story and life practice to be genuine, forward-thinking, and somewhat outside the box. I was not disappointed to find the same in their book. This book is challenging for those of us in mainline denominations with out structures and hierarchies, but it is also freeing because the Hirsches aren't talking about a new program, but a way of thinking that leads to different choices. They don't leave us hanging without practical ways to apply these new thoughts, but the application given is not an action-plan but a window into what this way of thinking might look like in this particular context. I recommend this book for any church leader who wants to see the church live into her calling, to follow Christ, to become untamed.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Generation X
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Practical Instruction
- Start A New Search