Understanding the Big Picture of the Bible: A Guide to Reading the Bible Well - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Crossway Books & Bibles
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
How do I get more out of my Bible reading?
What was going on during the gap between the Old and New Testaments?
How do all the books of the Bible fit together as a whole?
This book answers these questions and puts clear, readable Bible study aids at your fingertips. It contains thirteen essays from some of todays best evangelical scholars including C. John Collins, Thomas Schreiner, Gordon Wenham, and Darrell Bock, and will help you to:
- See the big-picture storyline of the Bible
- Understand the theology of the Old and New Testaments
- Read the different sections of Scripture effectively
- Know what happened between the testaments
In addition to essays on each genre of the Bible, the book addresses the general Greco-Roman world and specific Jewish groups at the time of the New Testament. To aid in putting Bible passages in context, it also includes timelines of the Old and New Testaments and intertestamental events.
Useful as both a general overview of the Bible and as a tool for more specific reference and training, this book will help you grow in your understanding of Scripture and your ability to apply the Bible to life.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Living the Psalms: Encouragement for the Daily Grind - eBookCharles R. SwindollWorthy Publishing / 2012 / ePub$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$19.99Save 50% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW32355EB
Sermon On The Mount: Restoring Christ's Message to the Modern Church - eBookCharles QuarlesB&H Academic / 2011 / ePub$14.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW22582EB
Find Related Products
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> Complete Bible Introductions
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search