You know both Christianity and Islam stem from Judaism, the "mother religion." But you're not quite sure what they all have in common and how they differ. What makes Judaism unique? What do Jews find in their faith that gives them wisdom, comfort, and spiritual contentment?
- A "Judaism 101" course in basic Jewish beliefs about God, the world, and history.
- An introduction to all the "best-sellers" of Judaism -from the Bible to the mystical teachings of the Kabbalah.
- Enlightening insights into how Jews deal with sex, love, marriage, raising children, mourning, and more.
- A look at contemporary Jewish life -the different movements, the modern-day problems, and a prognosis for what lies ahead.
Softcover, 433 pages. Alpha.
One of the Guides' most popular religion titles, Understanding Judaism covers:
· The major denominations of Judaism and how modern times have changed them
· A history, from ancient times to current events
· Threats to the religion; Israel and anti-Zionism; anti-Semitism
· New concerns for the 21st century, and much more.
Understanding Judaism, its roots, its beliefs, and its traditions is crucial to understanding its people and its leaders. And, in light of current world events, this understanding is more important now than ever before
Rabbi Benjamin Blech, a tenth-generation rabbi, is a nationally-recognized educator, religious leader, author, and lecturer. He is the author of seven books, including The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Jewish History and Culture and The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Learning Yiddish, as well as associate professor of Talmud at Yeshiva University in New York City and Rabbi Emeritus of Young Israel of Oceanside congregation in Oceanside, New York.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.