Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Understanding Biblical Theology clarifies the catch-all term biblical theology, a movement that tries to remove the often-held dichotomy between biblical studies for the Church and as an academic pursuit.
This book examines the five major schools of thought regarding biblical theology and handles each in turn, defining and giving a brief developmental history for each one, and exploring each method through the lens of one contemporary scholar who champions it. Using a spectrum between history and theology, each of five types of biblical theology are identified as either more theological or more historical in concern and practice:
- Biblical Theology as Historical Description (James Barr)
- Biblical Theology as History of Redemption (D. A. Carson)
- Biblical Theology as Worldview-Story (N. T. Wright)
- Biblical Theology as Canonical Approach (Brevard Childs)
- Biblical Theology as Theological Construction (Francis Watson).
A conclusion suggests how any student of the Bible can learn from these approaches.
Edward W. Klink III, Ph.D. (University of St. Andrews) is Associate Professor of New Testament at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. He is the author of The Sheep of the Fold: The Audience and Origin of the Gospel of John), editor of The Audience of the Gospels: The Origin and Function of the Gospels in Early Christianity, and is currently writing a commentary on the Gospel of John for the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament series.Darian R. Lockett, Ph.D. (University of St. Andrews) is Associate Professor of New Testament at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University. He is the author of Purity and Worldview in the Epistle of James, and is currently writing an introduction to the Catholic Epistles for the T. & T. Clark Approaches to Biblical Studies series. He has contributed several chapters on James and Jude to the SBL Methodological Reassessments of the Letters of James, Peter and Jude series.
Find Related Products
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Biblical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Biblical Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Biblical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Biblical Theology
- eBooks >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Start A New Search