- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
At Peace and Unafraid explores principles and practices to guide Christians in living out Jesus's way of nonviolent love in societies that often do not share their convictions. Commissioned by Mennonite Central Committee, the authors ask what faithfulness to Christ means in the context of:
- violent conflict in Colombia?
- church congregations responding to sexual offenders?
- the Palestinian/Israeli conflict?
- the post-9/11 challenges to democracy in the United States and Canada?
The authors bring to these issues expertise from the disciplines of theology, ethics, the social sciences, law, social work, pastoral ministry, public office and other professions. The essays explore the multi-lingual wisdom that pacifist Christians need to live out Jesus's way of nonviolent love in societies that do not fully share their convictions.
Number of Pages: 456
Vendor: Herald Press
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 06/20/15.
The Way of Peace: Christian Life in Face of DiscordJames M. Childs Jr.Fortress Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$28.50Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW663162
Sharing Peace : Mennonites and Catholics in ConversationMargaret R. Pfeil, Gerald W. SchlabachLiturgical Press / Trade Paperback$31.46 Retail:
$34.95Save 10% ($3.49)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW680179
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Just War/Pacifism/Terrorism
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Anabaptist Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Just War/Pacifism/Terrorism
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Anabaptist Theology
- Start A New Search