- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Maxie Dunnam is the chancellor of Asbury Theological Seminary; the pastor emeritus of Christ United Methodist Church in Memphis, Tennessee; and the chairperson of World Evangelism of the World Methodist Council.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
As our life experiences accumulate, we bring a fresh eye to the Scriptures. This is especially true of the parables, as they deal with people and life and everyday events. In many ways, reflecting on the parables in light of our own lives can bring us closer to Jesus.
Whether you are encountering these parables for the first time or for the first time again, you will find them leading you into the mind and spirit of Jesus and offering lessons for living in the kingdom of God.
Introduction "He Said Nothing to Them Without a Parable"
1. What to Do While Waiting for the Judgment
Wise and Foolish Virgins (Matthew 25:1-13)
2. The Power of Persistence
Ask, Seek, Knock (Luke 11:1-13; 18:1-8)
3. How to Deal With Demons
The Empty House (Matthew 12:38-50)
4. Good for Nothing
The Barren Fig Tree (Luke 13:1-9)
The Treasure and the Pearl (Matthew 13:44-46)
6. How to Escape Being Posessed by Possessions
The Rich Fool (Luke 12:13-34)
7. Our Most Common Sin
Pharisee and Tax Collector (Luke 18:9-17)
8. Practicing Humility
Places at the Table (Luke 14:7-11)
9. How Do We Get Rid of Evil Without Destroying Good?
Wheat and Tares (Matthew 13:24-30)
10. What to Do When You Have Been Forgiven
The Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:21-35)
11. What to Do With Your Assets
The Talents (Matthew 25:14-30)
12. Lost and Found
The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:1-32)
Dian Long5 Stars Out Of 5May 10, 2008Dian LongI ordered this book to read and offered to lead a book / Bible study on it when our pastor requested a volunteer. We really enjoyed and learned a lot from the book. He provided back ground on traditions and made us look at the scriptures in a very differed way.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Zondervan Illustrated Bible Dictionary: Based on Articles from the Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible - eBookJ.D. Douglas, Merrill C. Tenney, Moisés SilvaZondervan / 2011 / ePub$18.89 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 7 Reviews
$19.99Save 6% ($1.10)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6571EB
Silencing the Accuser: Eight Lies Satan Uses Against Christians - eBookSandie FreedChosen Books / 2011 / ePub$9.29 Retail:
$14.00Save 34% ($4.71)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW14359EB
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Parables
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects >> Parables
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Start A New Search