- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
At the beginning of each volume, there is a table of accents, a glossary for the Masorah parva, a list of the definitions and abbreviations used to characterize the readings, and a very useful sample page that illustrates the features of the layout. The volume on the Megilloth further contains a general introduction that provides a brief overview of the various manuscripts used and a discussion of the manner in which they are used in the BHQ. The volumes read right to left. As a result, the English text of the general introduction, as well as that of the ensuing tables and lists, reads left to right.
Each volume ends with a detailed discussion of the textual witnesses of each biblical book. This discussion is a wealth of information. The layout is succinct and the used manuscripts and critical editions of texts are clearly annotated. In addition, it reads left to right which facilitates the reading.This is the new (fifth) edition of the Biblia Hebraica. It is being published in parts (fascicles).Features include: Text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs.
Masorah magna and parva of Leningrad Codex are included with the text
- A single apparatus with all relevant textual variants at bottom of the page
- Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book
- Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated
- All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted
- Each book is also accompanied by a commentary
Number of Pages: 320
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Dimensions: 9.37 X 6.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Biblia Hebraica Quinta
The Boice Commentary Series: The Minor Prophets, 2 VolumesJames Montgomery BoiceBaker Books / 2006 / Trade Paperback$31.99 Retail:
$39.95Save 20% ($7.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW66489
Biblia Hebraica Quinta: Ezra & NehemiahD. Marcos, A. Shenker, Y. Goldman & G.J. Norton, eds.Hendrickson Publishers / 2007 / Trade Paperback$72.99 Retail:
$109.95Save 34% ($36.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW561839
BHQ is the new (fifth) edition of the Biblia Hebraica. It is being published in parts (fascicles) by the German Bible Society.
"For the scholar trained in text criticism. . . the approach of BHQ is an advantage as it places the text-critical judgments in the background, so that scholars can more readily come to their own judgments. . . . BHQ is a text critics paradise. . . an outstanding textual resource for the next generation."
Dead Sea Discoveries
SOME FEATURES INCLUDE
• Diplomatic text of the Leningrad Codex, cited from new color photographs. As the oldest complete manuscript of the Hebrew Bible, it serves as the base text against which other witnesses are collated.
• Masorah magna and parva of the Leningrad Codex are included with the text.
• Layout of poetic texts corresponds as closely as possible to Masoretic accentuation.
• Indications of parallel texts are given on the page.
• A single apparatus is found at the foot of the page.
• Text critical cases are generated and noted in the apparatus when a pre-Tiberian witness arguably, but not necessarily witnesses a Hebrew text that differs from the Tiberian text.
• Two other Tiberian codices are collated for each book.
• Qumran and Judean Desert fragments are collated.
• All available pre-Tiberian witnesses for each textual case are noted.
• A general introduction presents the edition, characterizes the text and masorah of the base text, the particular use of resources, the relation of BHQ to BHS and previous editions etc.
Each book is also accompanied by a commentary.
Anthony Gelston studied at Oxford and taught Old Testament in the Department of Theology at the University of Durham from 1962 until 1995. In 1991 he was President of the Society for Old Testament Study. He edited the Dodekapropheton, Daniel-Bel-Draco fascicle for The Old Testament in Syriac according to the Peshitta version (Leiden: Brill, 1980). Other books include: The Peshitta of the Twelve Prophets (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1987) and The Eucharistic Prayer of Addai and Mari (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1992).
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old TestamentWilliam L. HolladayWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 1971 / Hardcover$25.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$40.00Save 35% ($14.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW3413
Church History, Volume Two: From Pre-Reformation to the Present Day: The Rise and Growth of the Church in Its Cultural, Intellectual, and Political ContextJohn Woodbridge, Frank A. James IIIZondervan / 2013 / Hardcover$34.99 Retail:
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW257431
A Student's Vocabulary for Biblical Hebrew and AramaicLarry MitchelZondervan / 1984 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$12.99Save 23% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW11607P