This Mandarin Chinese dictionary is for elementary to intermediate learners of Chinese
A totally new dictionary designed specifically for elementary to intermediate learners of Chinese, and containing all 3,051 vocabulary items prescribed for Levels A and B of the internationally recognized test of Mandarin language proficiency, Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi
This self-contained dictionary has over 3,000 headwords—those required for HSK Levels A and B, plus important proper nouns and common idioms. Extensive notes on culture, grammar and meaning are included to enhance understanding and ensure correct usage. Students attempting to learn Chinese will find this dictionary to be an essential guide to the Chinese language as well as a reliable reference tool.Learners Chinese-English Dictionary
- The 4,800 most frequently used Chinese vocabulary items.
- All entries contain Romanized Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin), simplified Chinese characters (hanzi) as well as traditional Chinese characters if they exist.
- Terms are searchable by Chinese–English or English–Chinese.
- All Chinese entries are arranged alphabetically by Romanized Mandarin Chinese forms (hanyu pinyin).
- Chinese word components are listed and analyzed to facilitate understanding.
- Over 4,700 sample sentences to demonstrate how each word is used.
- Detailed notes on culture, grammar and usage.
- Chinese translations for common English names and places in China.
Li Dong is an educator with more than 40 years of experience teaching Chinese in China, the UK, USA and New Zealand. He has published numerous articles on Chinese lexicography and is the author of five other Chinese dictionaries published by Tuttle Publishing: Tuttle Beginner's Chinese Dictionary, Tuttle Chinese-English Dictionary, Tuttle English-Chinese Dictionary, Tuttle Concise Chinese Dictionary, and Tuttle Compact Chinese Dictionary.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.