Advanced Search Links
Turning the Tide: Real Change, Real Hope - eBook
Howard Books / 2011 / ePub
$9.52 (CBD Price)
Save: $1.40 (13%)
Availability: In Stock
CBD Stock No: WW14917EB
Buy Item Quantity: 1
* This product is available for purchase only in the USA. We apologize for any inconvenience.
ChristianBook eBooks on nook
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
New York Times bestselling author Charles Stanley shares a thought-provoking, inspirational book on how prayer and civic involvement can turn the tide of events presently befalling our nation. Stanley intelligently walks readers through the state of our nation, then aptly offers the most practical action step of all—prayer.
With spiritual wisdom and astute knowledge, he shares . . .
1. The Story of Our Storm—Including information on "The Anatomy of Our Failure," "The Downward Spiral of Socialism in America," and "The Eroding Banks of Personal Freedom."
2. Stand Up and Speak Out—Instructing readers on how to "Boldly Hold Our Leaders Accountable" and "Refuse to Tolerate the Flood of Immorality."
3. Turning the Tide—Offering inspirational ways for ordinary citizens to make a difference through "The Power of Speaking the Truth Boldly" and "The Power of Wisdom."
4. The Pathway to Real Change—Outlining a comprehensive, twenty-week prayer guide to help readers take the next step in praying for our country, asking God to hear our pleas and help our nation.
There is a tidal wave threatening our nation, and its unrelenting surge is changing American life as weve known it . . . and as our Founding Fathers intended it to be. In the midst of the politically charged atmosphere in our country, Dr. Charles Stanley stands tall with a refreshingly calm yet bold call to action.
For those who are tired of the rhetoric and are eager to see real change, Pastor Charles Stanley offers a conservative perspective on the state of our nation and what we can do to redirect it. Devoid of the hysteria that normally accompanies national commentary,
Dr. Stanley instead offers a balanced, inspirational message for our troubled times.
Insisting we can make a difference, Dr. Stanley makes a passionate plea for Christians to get on their knees to pray, and then stand up and become involved. With wisdom and biblical teaching, he insists that if we will turn to God and obey Him, we can:
* Reverse the course of our financial troubles
* Stop the onslaught of increasingly burdensome taxation
* Halt the advancement of socialism in public policy
* Return respect for the sanctity of life to the national discourse
In this revolutionary book, bestselling author Dr. Charles Stanley also offers a step-by-step twenty-week prayer guide to help Christians pray for real change. Its time, Dr. Stanley says, for us to take responsibility for the direction of our country and become involved both at the civic level and through fervent prayer.
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is a New York Times bestselling author who has written more than fifty books, with sales of more than 6.5 million copies. He has been senior pastor of the First Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, since 1971, and the church now has more than 15,000 members. Dr. Stanley has served two terms as president of the Southern Baptist Convention (1984-86); and his outreach ministry—In Touch—reaches nearly 1,800 radio and television outlets in more than fifty languages. Dr. Stanley was inducted into the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) Hall of Fame in 1988, and the Religious Heritage of America named him Clergyman of the Year in 1989, an award that recognizes pastors who strive to make Judeo-Christian principles part of Americas daily life.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Find Related Products