- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 144
Vendor: Church Publishing Inc.
Publication Date: 2009
Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Grace of Giving: 10 Principles of Christian GivingJohn StottHendrickson Publishers / 2012 / Trade Paperback$1.99 Retail:
$3.95Save 50% ($1.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW568738
An Introduction to Biblical Ethics: Walking in the Way of Wisdom, Third EditionRobertson McQuilkin, Paul CopanInterVarsity Press / 2014 / Hardcover$29.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$45.00Save 33% ($15.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW828182
Financial Stewardship: Experience the Freedom of Turning Your Finances Over to GodAndrew WommackHarrison House / 2012 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW834008
Creating a Life with God: The Call of Ancient Prayer PracticesDaniel WolpertUpper Room / 2003 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.00Save 22% ($3.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW98553
At once a travel guide and a vision for the future, this series is good news for the Episcopal Church at a time of fast and furious demographic and social change. It analyzes the present plight of the church and sketches a positive way forward, sprouting from the seeds of changethose transformative practices already at work renewing the church. What church models can help point us toward transformation? What are the essential tools? What will give us strength, direction, and purpose to the journey?
Each volume of the series will:
- Explain why a changed vision is essential
- Give robust theological and biblical foundations
- Offer a guide to best practices and positive trends in churches large and small
- Describe the necessary tools for change
- Imagine how transformation will look
For most Episcopalians, stewardship is synonymous with pledge drives, budgets, and capital campaigns, but the Bible is clear that God wants more than our tithes and offerings. Looking to its scriptural roots in 1 Chronicles, Luke-Acts, and the letters of Paul, as well as St. Francis third way, Robertson offers a vision of holistic stewardship for the whole church, holistic because it cant be separated from evangelism, outreach, scripture study, and ministry to the newcomer. It does not involve strong-arm tactics, only a willingness to risk changing existing structures and ideas in order to enrich the faith community and strengthen connections to the neighboring world.
Transforming Stewardship delivers both good and bad news about Episcopalians and stewardship. Robertson provides essential models and spiritual practices in order to transform the churchs outmoded attitudes toward stewardship and wealth into a broader context of faith.
C. K. Robertson is Canon to the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church and Distinguished Visiting Professor at the General Theological Seminary in New York City. He holds a Ph.D. from Durham University and a Fellowship from the Episcopal Church Foundation. A member of several national boards, including the Governing Board of the National Council of Churches, Dr. Robertson is also General Editor of the Studies in Episcopal and Anglican Theology series, as well as a respected author and speaker.
Judy Girard5 Stars Out Of 5June 23, 2009Judy GirardThis is an amazing book on stewardship. Robertson provides both the theoretical and practical steps (big picture and step-by-step) to making stewardship a way of life and not just another "campaign." Refreshing and vitalizing.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Evangelism
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books
- Last Chance Bargains >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Church & Pastoral
- Last Chance Bargains >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Start A New Search