- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Kregel Publications
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
Framed by 1 Corinthians 15:1-11, The World-Tilting Gospel begins by identifying the problemmans sinand goes on to explain Gods plan of rescue, how salvation is gained, and what the redeemed life should look like. Constantly quoting and referencing Scripture, Phillips clearly presents his point: the Gospel of the Bible has the power to turn the sinful world upside-down and, in doing so, set it straight.
Phillips, a blogger and pastor with an ongoing pulpit ministry, writes with a conversational tone that volleys back and forth between extreme seriousness and tongue-in-cheek humor. A reader must relax when he or she comes across such lines as, God told them to have lots of kids, and designed it to be loads of fun for them to do so, (p. 86) and denial is way more than just a river in Egypt (p. 248).
Though overly wordy in places and including some references (including one to Jack Bauer of TVs 24) that wont transfer to every reader, the message of The World-Tilting Gospel is a valuable one. Phillips writes with conviction and backs up every point with Scripture. The wealth of biblical passages cited and the accuracy with which they are used to convey the truth make this book a valuable resource. The World-Tilting Gospel is worth readers time. Meredith Sell, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Find Related Products
- Christian Living
- Download >> Christian Living
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Theology >> Worldview Studies
- eBooks >> Christian Living
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Worldview
- eBooks >> Theology >> Worldview Studies
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search