Forge forward into your third year of Latin studies. This uncluttered, small (8" x 8") textbook reviews all material in First & Second Form Latin and teaches new content in the same format. Thirty-one lessons teach verb paradigms for all four conjugations in the indicative active and passive, nine irregular adjectives, pronouns, syntax, and more. Conjugations are clearly shown in two-tone colors, visually emphasizing the important or changing parts students need to memorize. This textbook provides the lesson instruction; exercises are found in the sold-separately workbook.
Third Form teaches:
- Perfect system passive of 1st - 4th conjugations and -io verbs
- Active and passive subjunctive of 1st - 4th conjugations and -io verbs
- Imperative mood, vocative case
- 4th declension neuter nouns
- 3rd declension adjectives of one and three terminations
- Nine irregular adjectives
- Regular and irregular comparison of adjectives and adverbs
- Pronouns: 3rd person, demonstrative, intensive, reflexive
- Syntax: apposition
- adjectives used as nouns
- subjunctive in purpose clauses, exhortations, deliberative questions
- objective and partitive genitive
Designed for teachers with no background in Latin, Third Form Latin is recommended for grades 6-12, or for students who have completed First & Second Form Latin. 156 pages, softcover. Grades 6-12.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.