- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
About J V Fesko Dr. J. V. Fesko is an Adjunct Professor in Systematic Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta. His Ph.D. in Theology is from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland. He has a MA in Theology from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX and a BA from Georgia State University. In addition to teaching at RTS, Dr. Fesko is the pastor at Geneva Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Marietta, Georgia.
Number of Pages: 222
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.31 X 0.49 (inches)|
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 08/04/15.
We think that we know the first three chapters of the Bible well - Creation and the Fall, we say, knowingly. But have we ever stopped to consider that Jesus in the book of Revelation is called 'the last Adam' and the 'Alpha & Omega'? Should this make a difference to how we look at the first three chapters of Genesis? Dr. John Fesko says that it does and that without seeing Christ and the end days, we cannot understand the first days. Over the controversies that surround these first three chapters he says 'there are many theologians who represent different schools of thought. Is there a better way to approach the opening chapters of Genesis in spite of the debate? The answer to that question is an unqualified, 'Yes'... The way through the impasse is to interpret Genesis in the manner presented in the New Testament. More specifically, one must interpret Genesis 1-3 in the light of Christ and Eschatology.' By doing this, John is able to explain this important portion of scripture from a holistic Christological viewpoint, one that is consistent throughout scripture. If you are tangled up on origins in Genesis then this may be your way through the maze.
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Old Testament Theology
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Pentateuch >> Genesis
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Old Testament Theology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Old Testament Theology
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Pentateuch >> Genesis
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> Old Testament Theology
- Start A New Search