These Last Days
is a book about an evil age, the present age.
Specifically, it is about the present evil age that we live in right now. For many Christians, the expression these last days refers to the time right before the second coming of Christ but according to the apostles, the last days started with the first coming of Christ and continue even today.
How do we biblically understand our time as the final age of world history? What does this mean for our faith?
Reformed Christians have often avoided the field of eschatology but it was this doctrine of history that thrilled the first disciples. They realized that with the coming of the last days they had entered the time of the kingdom, and this understanding will strengthen our faith too.
Here the Philadelphia Conference on Reformed Theology addresses this important topic and presents the following speakers insights on:
- Sinclair Ferguson: The Christ of History
- D. A. Carson: This Present Evil Age
- Alistair Begg: The Age of the Spirit
- Michael S. Horton: The Resurrection Hope
- J. Ligon Duncan III: The Eternal Glory
- D. A. Carson: Partakers of the Age to Come
- Cornelis P. Venema: The Four Main Millennial Views
- Richard D. Phillips: A Pastoral Guide to Life After Death
- Jeffrey K. Jue: Evangelical Eschatology, American Style
- Paul David Tripp: The Radical Implications of Eternity
Together some of the most gifted communicators of God s Word explain the Christian s view on life, death, and the hereafter.
Gifted communicators of Gods Word explain the Christians view on life, death, and the hereafter as we live through these last days, looking forward to the glorious age to come.
"Christians live to serve the living and true God not in a vacuum but as they wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead (I Thessalonians 1:9-10). This waiting service of the church, bracketed between its Lord's resurrection and return, occupies this collection of uniformly sound and helpful addresses on biblical eschatology. Here is a wealth of biblical teaching about Christs return, events that will accompany it and the eternal state that follows, as well as how we are to live presently in the light of that hope. The appearance of this volume is most welcome. I commend it highly."
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.