- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Movie Discussion Guide Bible Study
A thought-provoking story about a real man trapped in unreality.
He s the star of the nation s most popular TV show but he doesn t even know it. Meet Truman, the first baby adopted by a corporation and raised on live TV. His hometown is a massive studio. His friends, family, and wife are all actors. Truman has no idea that his life is all scripted, until one day he begins to piece it all together. And that s when The Truman Show begins.
This study will help you discuss the themes and messages of The Truman Show. When does our voyeurism and hunger for reality TV go too far? Why are people controlled by fear? What is true freedom?
Discussing the Scenes *Bonus Material: Scenes to Watch*
--God and Christof
(John 3:16; 1 John 4:10, 16; Matthew 11:29 30)
--The Truth in Media
(1 Thessalonians 5:21 22; Philippians 1:9 10; Proverbs 17:24)
--Reality and Freedom
(Galatians 4:1 9)
--The Power of Fear
(Psalm 27:1; 56:3 4; Romans 8:28, 31; 1 John 4:18; Jeremiah 29:11; Matthew 6:31 34; Philippians 4:4 7)
As the Credits Roll
The Truman Show (Paramount, 1998), rated PG.
Photo © Paramount
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search