Alexandre Dumas' classic work of adventure and camaraderie, The Three Musketeers follows d'Artagan as he comes alongside the three Musketeers Athos, Porthos, and Aramis to foil the schemes of Cardinal Richelieu. 852 pages, softcover, with explanatory notes, critical analysis and introductory notes.
A timeless tale of youth, daring, and friendship, and full of intrigue, swordplay, and revenge, The Three Musketeers follows the escapades of D'Artagnan and his musketeer comrades Porthos, Athos, and Aramis as they fight to foil the devious schemes of Cardinal Richelieu.
THIS ENRICHED CLASSIC EDITION INCLUDES:
• A concise introduction that gives the reader important
• A chronology of the author’s life and work
• A timeline of significant events that provides the book’s historical context
• An outline of key themes and plot points to guide the reader’s own interpretations
• detailed explanatory notes
• Critical analysis and modern perspectives on the work
• discussion questions to promote lively classroom and book group interaction
• A list of recommended related books and films to broaden the reader’s experience
Simon & Schuster Enriched Classics offer readers affordable editions of great works of literature enhanced by helpful notes and insightful commentary. The scholarship provided in enriched Classics enables readers to appreciate, understand, and enjoy the world’s finest books to their full potential.
Alexander Dumas (18021870), author of more than ninety plays and many novels, was well known in Parisian society and was a contemporary of Victor Hugo. After the success of The Count of Monte Cristo, Dumas dumped his entire fortune into his own Chateau de Monte Cristo-and was then forced to flee to Belgium to escape his creditors. He died penniless but optimistic.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.