- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This long-awaited textbook will become a classic in Christian education courses in seminaries as well as in Christian certification courses.
Number of Pages: 320
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2004
|Dimensions: 9.0 X 6.0 X 1.25 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
In this important and groundbreaking book, Richard Osmer develops a practical theology of the teaching ministry. He begins by exploring the teaching ministry of the apostle Paul, identifying in Paul's letters to his congregations the core tasks of the teaching ministry: catechesis, exhortation, and discernment. Next he presents case studies of the teaching ministries of three contemporary congregations--one in the United States, one in Korea, and one in South Africa--developing interpretive perspectives on the teaching ministry. Finally he focuses on the development of action-guiding models and guidelines and explores helpful methods for guiding the teaching ministries of one's own particular congregation.
Find Related Products
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Supplies
- Church & Pastoral >> Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Church Supplies >> Sunday School Supplies
- Sunday School >> Teacher Training
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search