4 Stars Out Of 5
Great Study Bible In The Wesleyan Tradition
February 14, 2013
Physical Aspects of this Bible:
- I'm not too crazy about the green duo-tone of this Bible, and the cover is not as thick or durable as a genuine leather cover.
- The pages are thin, but the Bible itself is rather thin, so it is not a big deal (most Bibles have ridiculously thin pages now-a-days anyway)
- The print is generous, but if you have vision problems, you may struggle with this Bible. I found the print to be about average size.
- I am happy with the size of the font of the notes, and the amount of notes.
- I love the NRSV translation. I have a B.A. in Biblical studies, and I am 2 semesters from completing my M.A. in the New Testament. After extensive study of the Greek, I find this to be one of the most accurate/scholarly translations available.
- I am not a Methodist/Wesleyan, but I enjoy learning about the Bible from all angles, and the notes in this Bible are contemporary, scholarly, and relevant while adhering to core Wesleyan teachings.
Like always, you can't beat Christianbook's service. If you're going to buy this Bible, buy it from here.