- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 192
Vendor: Continuum International
Publication Date: 2004
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
The Creed: What Christians Believe and Why It MattersLuke Timothy JohnsonImage Entertainment / 2004 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:
$15.99Save 31% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW502480
Reading 1 Peter, Jude & 2 Peter: A Literary and Theological CommentaryEarl J. RichardSmyth & Helwys Publishing, Inc / 2000 / Trade Paperback$23.44 Retail:
$25.00Save 6% ($1.56)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW123145
Luke Timothy Johnson is an outstanding biblical scholar but also a writer with a rare gift for writing profoundly yet simply for a wide general audience. In this new book, Johnson examines certain key themes in the New Testament as they apply directly to the Church today. The Gospel is the central content of the Christian revelation, the glad tidings of redemption. Just as Christ's own teaching is a Gospel, so Johnson's passionate concern in the pages of this new book is how this Gospel can be preached and lived out today.
The book divides into three sections -- Theology, Scriptural Reflections, and Jesus.
"One of my constant preoccupations," writes the author "is how to read the Scriptures for the life of the Church in a manner that is at once loving and critical, challenging yet charitable."
This book of short accessible chapters, contains Johnson's thought in concentrated and fresh form.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Books >> Biblical Studies
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books >> Theology >> Biblical Theology >> New Testament Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Christology
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Start A New Search