* In a sea of messages clamoring for your attention, can you distinguish God's faithful voice? Seeking her heavenly Father's presence and help, Morrow shares 12 years of his divine responses in this uplifting yearlong devotional. Each reading echoes the Creator's love and care for you---offering hope, comfort, encouragement, and more. 384 pages, softcover from Regal.
More. Life is full to overflowing, but we crave an illusive more. Via social networking, airwaves, and TV, our culture tells us to strive for more stuff, more activities, more adventureyou name it. Yet we are often left unfulfilled and wanting. Empty, even. With so many demands for our attention, it is difficult to quiet our minds long enough to hear the still, small voice of our loving Father, and to listen to the One who desires to bring us so much more than the noise of everyday life.
Judy Gordon Morrow discovered the more when her world was turned upside down and she knelt before God to seek Him and ask for His help. More than a decade ago, in tear-stained notebooks, she began to pen God’s responses to her desperate prayers. Now, in The Listening Heart, Judy invites you to spend a year hearing from the God Who Speaksthe God who wants to speak to you. Each daily devotion echoes the Father’s love and care for you, offering hope, comfort, encouragement and morea rich closeness with God that will satisfy the longings of your heart.
Judy Gordon Morrow is a lifelong lover of words and has published poetry, articles, song lyrics, and devotionals. Her first book dealt with pregnancy loss, followed by nine gift books. In her prior "word-lover jobs," she served as a school librarian, newspaper copy editor and nonfiction editor at Multnomah Publishers. She speaks at events for women and writers, sharing her passion for the Word and words. Judy has three adult sons and three granddaughters and lives in a charming mountain community where she savors small-town living.
This haunting devotional is strangely affecting, an approach that perhaps wouldn’t be advised and might even be discouraged, yet somehow works in a wholly refreshing and unexpected way. It’ll grow on you if you let it, and so you should.
- Jerry B. Jenkins, New York Times bestselling novelist, biographer, and Owner, Christian Writers Guild
This book is a treasure. As I read each daily entry I found my heart softening and my spirit calling out to know Christ more intimately. Deep calls to deep on the pages of this devotional gem. Be prepared to respond at the soul level and experience a transformation.
- Robin Jones Gunn, Bestselling novelist and author of Victim of Grace
In The Listening Heart, Judy Gordon Morrow invites readers to eavesdropin a sacred wayon her most intimate conversations with God. What sets this book apart is the raw, spontaneous quality of the entries. I especially recommend this book to readers who struggle to hear God’s voice in a tangible way. Borrowing Judy’s ears for a stretch is sure to bring readers closer to God’s heart.
- Heather Kopp, Blogger at HeatherKopp.com and author of Sober Mercies: A Memoir
The Listening Heart. Oh how we need it. Oh how we want it. But cultivating a heart tuned to God’s voice isn’t easy in the busy, noisy world we live in. With tender beauty and life-changing insights, Judy Morrow takes us beyond religious ritual to the heart of relationshiphelping us nurture an intimate friendship with the One who knows us best yet loves us most.
- Joanna Weaver, Bestselling author of Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World
The Listening Heart comes from a deep well of hard-won wisdom, from a heart bent toward the words of Jesus. A caveat though: don’t read this devotional unless you want to truly experience the powerful affection of your Father in heaven. It’s full of promises of His winsome, wooing love.
- Mary DeMuth, Author of The Wall Around Your Heart
The words Judy penned are like fresh air that will let your soul breathe deeper. Read this book and experience more peace and joy in prayer.
- Holley Gerth, Bestselling author of You’re Already Amazing
The Listening Heart is a masterpiece of writings that will leave you forever changed. Through this unique devotional book, you will discover that your most profound longing is trueGod really does love you beyond your imaginings. He seeks out your company, grieves over your tears and delights in your joy. He really is whispering to your heart . . . even now. Are you listening?
- Anita Higman, Award-winning author of over 30 books, including Where God Finds You
Feeling some distance from God? Desiring to draw closer? Judy Gordon Morrow graciously opens up her own prayer journals of conversations with God during the deep valleys, the peaks and routine days of her life. These daily readings of God’s impressions on Judy’s heartimpressions of nearness, of concern, of lovewill encourage you and model a conversational way of speaking with and listening to the Divine Lover of your soul.
- Klaus Issler, Ph.D., Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, and Author of Living into the Life of Jesus
Here is a beautiful book you won’t want to miss, penned by Judy Morrow while on her knees in prayer over the past twelve years. Her experience of praying and listening will encourage and inspire you to listen and to receive God’s reassurance that you are ever on His mind and heart. Buy a copy for yourself and one for a friend.
- Karen O’Connor, Author of When God Answers Your Prayers: Inspiring Stories of How God Comes Through in the Nick of Time
This book will help you develop an intimate prayer life with the Lord and hear His voice in a whole new way.
- Sheri Rose Shepherd, Bestselling author and speaker
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.