- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: WestBow Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
When Chester visits his Uncle William's stuffy house, he's only trying to avoid cleaning the hall bathroom. But a single clue written on a gum wrapper will send them all on a frantic journey - across many cities and through places unknown to society. At every step along the way, they may even meet new and interesting people. They may need a few cases of bubblegum toothpaste. And they may be tossed into a terrible war between unimaginable forces, a battle that no one even knows about...
Jenny RoseDallas, TXAge: 35-44Gender: female1 Stars Out Of 5Nobody knows what's going onMarch 30, 2012Jenny RoseDallas, TXAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 1Value: 1Meets Expectations: 1Chester hates to clean the hall bathroom. Even though he is bored, he'd rather hide out in his room bouncing socks off the wall than clean the bathroom. When his mom asks him to run an errand to his uncle's house, Chester agrees and tries to take as much time as possible to avoid that dreadful cleaning chore. However, when he arrives at his uncle's house, things get really strange. His uncle, aunt and a guest are talking using big words and allude to something which peaks Chester's curiosity.
At first this story reads similar to L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. There are so many fun little quirks like bubble gum flavored toothpaste to ward off brain suckers and the universal milk and cookie pass. Unfortunately, the author seems to try too hard with symbolism, metaphors and allegory. As the story droned, the action faded with too much telling, summary, and became repetitive and vague. The first 5 or 6 characters were ok, but when Rains added more than that, the storyline and plot just made no sense. The characters didn't have a clear idea of what was going on and neither did I.
I received this book free from Booksneeze to give my honest review.
Find Related Products
- Children >> Children's Books >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Children
- Download >> eBooks >> Teens >> Fiction
- Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- Fiction >> Children >> Action/Adventure
- Fiction >> Teens >> Action/Adventure
- Teens >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- eBooks >> Children >> Fiction
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Action/Adventure
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Children >> Action/Adventure
- eBooks >> Fiction >> Teens >> Action/Adventure
- eBooks >> Teens >> Fiction
- Start A New Search